PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Inside Track - Property Investment

I'm interested to know anyones thoughts on this company??? https://www.insidetrack.co.uk

I attended one of there seminars (purely out of interest, & just to be nosey) and found it a very pushy experience... has anyone else been to one and how did you find it?

Comments

• savingforoz
    savingforoz Posts: 1,118 Forumite
    Found it a pushy experience as well - Steve Sweet was the presenter and he was a rude pratt, IMHO. The way out of the seminar was linked with his flunkies to stop you getting away without experiencing more high pressure sales talk. Absolute pants.
    Life is not a dress rehearsal.
  • mystic_trev
    mystic_trev Posts: 5,430
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Just pay me £3,000 I'll meet you down the Pub and tell you how to get 15% discount off newbuild appartments that no bugg@rs ever likely to rent!
  • The word on the street is that these guys are 'sell, sell, sell' all the way - and know quite a few people who have done some training with them. I also have a friend who built up a small portfolio of property with them..and it doesn't earn a penny. In fact it loses money each month. There are better property training companies who'll teach you a variety of techniques to buy below market value on different types of property and they won't tie you in to buying property through them..All in all Inside Track is very expensive.

One of the best ways to get deals on new builds is to find out the timing of a house builders year-end, and then go and find out what they are trying to off-load. Relationships count for a lot as does the ability to be a tough negotiator.

As mystic_trev suggests, over supply can be a real issue too.
  • If you do a search for them on here there are several threads about them. None of them paint a glowing picture I'm afraid....
    When it comes to thought, some people stop at nothing.........
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure