Lost Recorded Delivery Receipt

Options
I sold an item on ebay 2 weeks ago but the buyer is reporting that he is still waiting for it arrive. Unfortunately i just cannot find the Recorded Delivery receipt anywhere so I have no tracking number. Is there a way to trace the item by sending date and the name and address on the envelope?

I'm sure it may have been delayed in the xmas post but need assurance.

Thanks

Comments

• WhiteHorse
    WhiteHorse Posts: 2,492 Forumite
    Options
    The post is still in chaos. I suspect that a large amount of post will never turn up either.

Unfortunately, without the tracking number/receipt you have very little chance. When posting things to buyers, I always print off a copy of the invoice and immediately staple the post office receipt to it.
    "Never underestimate the mindless force of a government bureaucracy
    seeking to expand its power, dominion and budget"
    Jay Stanley, American Civil Liberties Union.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,208 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Unfortunately there is no way of recreating the recorded slip, so if buyer is complaining you will have to refund and just take the loss.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • babyfruitella
    Options
    I dont think theres a lot that can be done without receipt but for future reference, when you've posted something you can update Paypal to show tracking information for it which also links with your "my ebay". That way you at least have the tracking number, even if you can't find the receipt.
    COMP WINS FOR HUBBY & I SINCE SEPTEMBER:
    2 £50 DOMINOS VOUCHERS, 13 PAIRS OF FOOTBALL TICKETS, MICROSOFT HOME EDTN, 2 PAIRS OF ALTON TOWERS TICKETS, 1 CASE OF PERCY PIGS, 1 PAIR OF LEATHER LADIES GLOVES, 4 COLLECTION 2000 PRODUCTS, PLAYSTATION 3 WITH FIFA 12, 5* HOTEL STAY IN LONDON, SEASON 6 OF SUPERNATURAL DVD, PERFECT PIZZA VOUCHER
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,221 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I dont think theres a lot that can be done without receipt but for future reference, when you've posted something you can update Paypal to show tracking information for it which also links with your "my ebay". That way you at least have the tracking number, even if you can't find the receipt.
    Yes, the number can be reassuring to a buyer but you still need to keep the receipt safe if you need to make a claim. RM want the original sent to them.
  • biggaz26
    biggaz26 Posts: 308 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    martindow wrote: »
    Yes, the number can be reassuring to a buyer but you still need to keep the receipt safe if you need to make a claim. RM want the original sent to them.

Which they will then lose in the post..lol:rotfl:
    One day some company will do what they say they will do and charge a fair charge.:T

Not doing the opposite of that which they promise and charge you a fortune for the privileged. :(

Or maybe not:mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport