Confused: E.on SaveOnline 4 or E.on EnergyPlan ?

Options
70Su
70Su Posts: 9 Forumite
edited 29 December 2010 at 5:29PM in Energy
E.ON SaveOnline 4
Product Benefits Our cheapest dual fuel offer
With E.ON SaveOnline 4 your prices will always be at least 6% cheaper than our standard prices, right up to 15 January 2012.
With online account management you have access to your energy account 24/7, giving you the flexibilty to pay bills over the internet, give us meter readings and track your energy use.
Electricity Normal units first 900kWh per year19.782p per kWhNormal units9.166p per kWh
Gas
Normal units first 2680kWh per year4.5192 per kWhNormal units2.948p per kWh
Fixed Monthly Direct Debit
Direct Debit Discount @ 6.00%
Dual Fuel Direct Debit Discount @ 2.00%
Electricity
Normal units first 900kWh per year23.4885p per kWhNormal units10.0065p per kWh
Gas
Normal units first 2680kWh per year6.5247p per kWhNormal units3.1584p per kWh
Fixed Monthly Direct Debit Direct Debit Discount @ 6.00%
Dual Fuel Direct Debit Discount @ 2.00%
Introductory Electricity Discount £52.50 per year
Introductory Gas Discount £52.50 per year
Pay on Receipt on Bill Prompt Payment Discount @ 3.00%
Introductory Electricity Discount £52.50 per year
Introductory Gas Discount £52.50 per year

What are the main differences, sorry to sound dumb, usually pay quarterly and this may be our first switch.

Can anyone tell me if the tarif for Saveonline 4 above has already had the 6% off standard rates taken from it? Also, is the Direct Debit 6% discount on top of this?

Also, by manage online with the Saveonline do you submit you meter reading each month and get a bill for just that amount or is the monthly amount fixed? Or otherwise?

Many thanks
Susan

Comments

• Airmike23
    Options
    Save Online 4 unit rates have the discount included, the 8% dual fuel dd discount is then subtracted from total cost of gas and electric as defined when unit rates applied to your consumption. The only benefit of the Energy Reward plan is the £100 (£50 per fuel) in a years time, over the coming 12 months you will pay more than Save Online 4 for the monthly dd, but no early termination fee on Energy Reward plan, whereas £30 fee if leave Eon and move to a competitor before 15th Jan 2012 (Do bear in mind your contract with all UK domestic energy suppliers is a rolling 28 day contract, and they cannot make you stay with them for a set period of time, hence the early term fee, to dissuade the customer from coming off a cheapo rate and leaving them before it has expired)
  • Gerrard_8_lfc
    Options
    They will also remove any discounts on your final bill should you switch supplier. E.ON have still to announce a price increase which will no doubt come around in the coming weeks.
    His Heart Proved He Was A Red
    Suarez, Suarez
    We Bought The Lad From Amsterdam
    We Know He's Not a Chelsea Fan.
    Fernando Torres = El Judas
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    70Su wrote: »
    Also, by manage online with the Saveonline do you submit you meter reading each month and get a bill for just that amount or is the monthly amount fixed? Or otherwise?

Many thanks
    Susan

Hi Susan

Already some excellent advice posted. Thought I would just add a little about online management.

You can certainly submit meter readings on a monthly basis if you wish. Regular statements, though, are only issued quarterly.

However, we have recently introduced a real time billing facility. This allows you to enter readings and request a bill to these outside of the normal quarterly cycle. Including the regular statement, this can be done up to six times each quarter.

You don't need to request a statement. It's also possible to see the balance on your account each time a valid reading is entered. A new statement will only be issued if you ask for one or if it falls within the regular quarterly billing cycle.

Please also be aware, statements can only be viewed online. Paper bills are not sent through the post to customers registered with our website. You can download copies from your computer if you require a paper version.

Monthly Direct Debit payments will be set based on your ongoing energy usage. These payments are reviewed after each quarterly bill and adjusted if necessary. The aim is to achieve a zero balance by the annual review in the spring.

Hope this is useful Susan. Give me a shout if you need any more details as will be happy to help.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure