advice on debit card chargeback

Options
Hi

i'm not exactly sure if this is the right place since i've a debit card question but i followed a link from the main site and here i am

I want to see if i can get some money back for a groupon deal that they were not able to complete after they'd taken payment.

after at least 15 or more emails groupon have agreed now to give me a credit with them for the same amount, but i don't want a credit with them, they are to much hassle!

I bank with natwest so i now have a visa debit card but when i paid for the deal i had what ever it was before (:omeastro? switch?)

i've read on the main site that meastro and visa both have chrage back facilities / policies but can i do it now i have a different card then when i actually paid?
thanks in advance
and please feel free to move if posted in the place

Comments

• Plxply
    Plxply Posts: 594 Forumite
    Options
    You are only able to claim a chargeback on Maestro if they are based outside of the UK I believe, do you know where the company is based? Normally an address will be listed in the contact us section of the website. Unfortunately if they are based in the UK you will be unable to do anything as you had paid on Maestro instead of a credit card or Visa Debit card.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure