A & L or Halifax? which is easier to open??

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
4 replies 719 views
mrsbez_2mrsbez_2 Forumite
214 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
Hi all,

Just wondered how many of you have switched your accounts to either of these?? Are there any problems opening the accounts?? Anybody been declined??

I am thinking of switching us from Lloyds but need good internet banking and want it all to run smoothly.

Just wanted some feedback on anyone who has transferred to either of these.

Thanku!!

Replies

• mleonard79mleonard79 Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I switched to a&l last year and found the whole process quite simple and easy. I find the internet banking quite decent but a lot of people on here have said they don't like it so it'd be worth reading over some threads for opinions. I tend to only use the account for a few things so perhaps I would feel differently if I was using it as my main account. Overall though I felt that the account was worth getting for all the advantages that come with it (at least in the first year.)
    :hello: :hello: :hello:
  • NozNoz Forumite
    3.9K Posts
    Opened a halifax account with no hassle at all, very much appreciate the online banking service that they provide too.
  • I have just switched from halifax to A&L
    i find Halifax easier to use for telephone and internet banking but A&L isnt bad.

I've just had enough of Halifax treated me rubbish over the last 2 years.
  • pfpfpfpf Forumite
    4.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    ✭✭✭✭
    long story short.

in my experience A&L is a doddle to open, Halifax is impossible. that coming from me who has had another account with Halifax, a CC and a mortgage for years. just last week they refused me a new current account because "i failed their scoring system".

jeez, what do i have to do? make some default's? :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides