My Reclaiming Diary

nbox9728
nbox9728 Posts: 33 Forumite
edited 26 December 2010 at 5:24PM in Reclaim bank & credit card charges
Hi all,

As part of my new found motivation to deal with my horrific financial situation, I am today starting the journey into reclaiming bank charges, credit card charges and missold PPI! I was hoping to keep this diary to update on my progress and ask for any advice along the way??

The situation is as follows....

Halifax have taken in the region of £1000 in bank charges in the last six years (overdraft - going over it and unpaid direct debits etc, stopped using the account 18 months ago and just been paying it back)

Barclaycard, MBNA and Capital One...reclaiming credit card charges, don't know the figures yet.

Santander (Alliance and Leicester personal loan)...missold PPI (salesman on the phone very pushy, implied I wouldnt get the loan without it etc etc) Don't know the figure for this yet.

So...

STEP 1, I have today compiled letters to all of the above, asking for the figures. Will update when I have received the figures back!

Any advice along the way would be greatly appreciated.

Nige :D
:D"Sealed Pot Challenge" member 1123:D
:TSmoke free since 12/12/10:T
Debt - £11,000 December 2010:eek:
:cool:DFD - 1st December 2012:cool:
"Pay off as much as you can in 2011 challenge!"
£895/£7,000

Comments

• nbox9728
    nbox9728 Posts: 33 Forumite
    I dont quite believe this myself and think I may be dreaming but here goes...

In my letter to HALIFAX on 26th December regarding my past bank charges, I detailed my current financial position and told them that the charges contributed to this etc etc.

I basically said that although the total figure of charges exceeds £1000, I would be prepared to accept the debt being written off (I owe them £890 on an overdraft).

They have today telephoned and accepted this proposal! They have written off the outstanding debt!!!

I cant believe how fast this has happened and how they have given me what I asked for straight off...if anyone wants anything from HALIFAX now is the time cus I think they are feeling generous!

So to anyone chasing up outstanding bank account charges, dont stop and dont give up because it can still happen!!! :j:j:j:j
    :D"Sealed Pot Challenge" member 1123:D
    :TSmoke free since 12/12/10:T
    Debt - £11,000 December 2010:eek:
    :cool:DFD - 1st December 2012:cool:
    "Pay off as much as you can in 2011 challenge!"
    £895/£7,000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income