underfloor heating! helpfull advice needed.

Options
does anyone know anything about underfloor heating, my plumber does not seem to!
the problem in a nutshell is the boiler seems to be working fine, the pipework leading to the manifold is very hot bot the manifold pipe is only warm.
this is wasting me very expensive gas, as its taking an age to heat the rooms. heating has been on for 5 hours now(yes 5) and my themostats are barely moving.
please help.

Comments

• k3v1n123
    k3v1n123 Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    HI,

Is there anyway of bleeding the system maybe air in there?
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature and avatar. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • magpiesnest
    Options
    thanks for reply.
    does not seem to be air in the system all of the bleeds are clear.
    to be fair the system does now seem to be reaching temp(slowly but surely) just hope it costs less to maintain than it costs to get up to set temperature?
  • richard28
    Options
    Coming in late, so hopefully you have fixed the problem by now. I wonder if the water to the manifold is too hot - UFH is usually limited to 40 or 45C, so the manifold may have a thermostatic valve to limit incomming hotter water.

My understanding of UFH is that the cooler return water water is mixed with a llittle hotter water from the boiler and sent round the system again to keep the right temp for the UFH. I have had UFH for about 6 years and love it.

HTH,

R
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family