IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

Ripped off by Stoneacre

in Motoring
14 replies 37.4K views
2»

Replies

• motorguymotorguy Forumite
    22.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    andi1872 wrote: »
    Actually i had a p/x to the value of £2000 so total cost was £10500 for the swift!

There wasn't a price on the car so i obviously took the price to be what the salesman told me so in doing the swap i accepted that i'd lost £3500 with the Punto being £6999.

You're all right in that i shouldn't have made any decision without coming home and doing some homework first but with the lifetime warranty also apprantly being the value of £1500, which i've since found out is only £500 to buy from them seperately, it all seemed like such a good deal.

Its just all the lies and deciet that has hurt me, not to mention the fact that they've made around £6000 out of me since first buying the swift. It seems to me that the sales guy took advantage of there not being a price on the punto so i had to accept his £6999 price was right when in fact it was probably priced at £4500. So he therefore led me to believe that with the punto at £6999 and the warranty at £1500 that he was doing me a massive favour for coming back to them whereas had i known the true value of the punto and the true price of the warranty at £500 then i might have thought differently!

Sorry, but you've been very naive.

Car dealerships are there to make money NOT as charities. They will aim to make around £2500 per transaction.

You bought a car you didnt want, changed it a year or so later to another car you didnt want, and are complaining because the dealership made money on the deals?
  • edited 22 December 2010 at 2:47PM
    AnyAny Forumite
    7.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 22 December 2010 at 2:47PM
    andi1872 wrote: »
    Actually i had a p/x to the value of £2000 so total cost was £10500 for the swift!

Whaaaat??? :eek::eek:
    I paid £7499 for 2008 (58 reg) Swift in 2009!!!

And you changed Swift for a Punto???

Surely this is a wind up.. ?
  • motorguymotorguy Forumite
    22.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest O/P - you havent been 'ripped off', you've been incredibly stupid.

No ones fault but your own.
  • jayme1jayme1 Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    pgilc1 wrote: »
    To be honest O/P - you havent been 'ripped off', you've been incredibly stupid.

No ones fault but your own.

I have to agree with this one, you turned up to the dealer and bought whatever they showed you, it is up to you to do the research on the true value of the cars in question. the very least you should have done is look at parkers for the value of the cars
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides