advice please, no minimum inv current/savings account

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
2 replies 720 views
ERMANTRUDEERMANTRUDE Forumite
24 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
Ok, here we go......I have joint account with DH for current and savings. No problem, all working well.

Now here's the tricky bit....I have over £3000 coming to me very soon which i do not want to link in with the aforementioned accounts at all. It is a lump sum and therefore i will not be paying a minmum amount in each month. I will be using this money to pay off some bills etc so i want instant access, preferably to cash.

With all this in mind I guess i want a current account - but do I?

Ok here is where i get confused so please can anayone help me understand my needs and which is the best deal for me? Thank you, etenally grateful.

Replies

• grumblergrumbler Forumite
    54.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I think all banks offer some current account that don't require monthly credits. Also you can just open another single account with the bank you have your joint account with.

As you are going to keep the money for a while, interest rate is of some importance. I like Nationwide. Their instant access e-savings account linked to the current account pays now 4.8%.
    We are born naked, wet and hungry...Then things get worse. :(

.withdrawal, NOT withdrawel ..bear with me, NOT bare with me
    .definitely, NOT definately ......separate, NOT seperate
    should have, NOT should of
    .....guaranteed, NOT guarenteed
  • Thanks I have gone ahead and opened a Nationwide account. I especially like the lack of interest charged when withdrawing money abroad! Cheers for the info, E .
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals