oh no, taxicard!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Disability Money Matters
43 replies 5K views
jodie114jodie114 Forumite
417 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Disability Money Matters
This was my lifeline, letting me get out the odd time shopping etc.. and now i get a letter saying its being cut back!
ok, from 120 trips a year to 104... thats not too bad..
but they are cutting £2 off the max subsidy
and making the min contribution £2.50 instead of £1.50
and stopping double swiping!

This is going to make it useless to me, as everywhere i could go costs more than a single swipe, without taking into account the extra min payment and lower subsidy!
and i live in a borough that allows you either a blue badge or a freedom pass, so i cannot even get out with one of those(when there is somebody to come with me, drop me off at the station etc).
What now?:mad:
Ok, ok, i need to go back onto Weightwatchers, lost 7 stone..... 2 back on, this has to change.....Help!!!:eek:

Replies

• edited 22 December 2010 at 11:27PM
    snoopy89snoopy89 Forumite
    320 Posts
    edited 22 December 2010 at 11:27PM
    i cant see this goverment getting back in with the weight of shear lies we have told before election.:mad:
  • OldernotwiserOldernotwiser
    37.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never heard of it - presumably it's a local scheme ?
  • magoogymagoogy Forumite
    3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    never heard of it either??????
  • JasXJasX Forumite
    4K Posts
    jodie114 wrote: »
    What now?:mad:

order your shopping online and have it delivered instead?

reduce the number of trips and lower your carbon footprint?
  • I'm really upset about this and to rub salt in the wound the letter about the cuts managed to arrive just before Christmas whereas all my other post seems to have fallen into a black hole of delays.

I use taxicard to travel to my hospital appointments, which was great as it reduced the cost of a round trip to hospital to a little under £15. Now that they have ended double swiping and changed the subsidy it is going to cost me £30 to £40 each trip to hospital.:(

I just don't understand the logic of disallowing double swiping. What does it matter to them whether I make a weekly short journey (that I don't need) or a fortnightly twice as long journey that actually gets me to the hospital. I would much rather have a greatly reduced quota of trips but be allowed to use them more freely.

P.S. For those who don't know what Taxicard is, it is a transport scheme in London that offers a subsidy on a certain number of taxi journeys booked through Comcab for people with severe mobility problems who can't use other transport.
  • sheeps68sheeps68 Forumite
    660 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Wish I could donate you some of my journeys. I do use it but not that much as have had nightmares in getting cabs when needed and generally easier on me to drive. Think it would be useless to me if my borough stopped the double swipe option as even local town centre is a double swipe these days since last hike in taxi fares. If however I could do a triple swipe it would help me so much I cant tell you.
  • Indie_KidIndie_Kid Forumite
    23.1K Posts
    I've never heard of it - presumably it's a local scheme ?

It's a London thing.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • jackiebjackieb Forumite
    27.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sh1305 wrote: »
    It's a London thing.

They have it here too. I'm in the north-east of Scotland.
  • BarneysmomBarneysmom Forumite
    10.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do they have patient transport in London?
  • Indie_KidIndie_Kid Forumite
    23.1K Posts
    Barneysmom wrote: »
    Do they have patient transport in London?

Yes they do. I asked about it on here, adn was warned that they take you when they feel like it (ie, a few hours before your appointment) and not when your appointment actually is.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs