Work tops

Any good links to companies that provide just work tops? I have not decided what to go for yet... I'd love granite but am a bit worried about the price... Caorian stuff in Magnets looks nice but once again the price was coming in at about £500 per metre plus I could not order it as I was not getting my kitchen from Magnets.

All ideas welcome..
Lady Astor: "Winston, if I were your wife I'd put poison in your coffee."

Sir Winston Churchill: "Nancy, if I were your husband I'd drink it."

Comments

• emilyt
    emilyt Posts: 2,051 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi there Nastymatt. Hope your not really.
    The place we bought our worktops from was Wickes. I don't know of any company that just sell work tops sorry. Wickes are good value. Also B&Q or Focus.
    Hope you find what you want.
    When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile :D
  • we used Llandaff Laminates which is between Newport & Cardiff & they stock hundreds of tops, if what you want is not in stock they can get it in within a couple of days - the 2 suppliers they use are Duropal ( pfleiderer.co.uk ) & axiomworktops.com - both these companies have a FREE sample on-line order form & they're decent sized samples, about 8" square - if you like anything they've got I'm sure they can give you your closest stockist
  • Tracyk_2
    Tracyk_2 Posts: 345 Forumite
    MFI have 30% off all granite Corian etc till 15th Nov. Prices start at £286 a metre + all the add on's they like to charge for. or there's ww.granitetransformations.co.uk which is granite wrapped around basic board so cheaper.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure