Please help me park in London !

Options
Fran
Fran Posts: 11,281 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
I will be travelling to London and need to get to the Shepherds Bush area by parking car somewhere. I'll be travelling from M4 and will be pushed for time, where's the best place to park and travel for speed of time? I will arrive in the afternoon on a weekday.

Thanks.
Torgwen.......... :) ...........

Comments

• Bushboy
    Bushboy Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    Most of the residential roads around S/Bush, Brook Green & Hammersmith charge parking at £ 1.60 an hour 9am-5pm.

M4,A4 and staight to Hammersmith roundabout is easy, you could park at the NCP in Hammersmith on Glenthorne Rd and then walk ( 15 mins ) bus ( 5-10mins /train ( 5mins ) it to S/Bush from there.

Or park at another multi-storey car-park at Olympia ( by the railway station/exhibition centre ) and walk up to S/Bush from there ( 15 mins ) but I think this car park is a bit pricey.

Championship CAMPEONES 2010-2011
  • Fran
    Options
    Thanks. For anyone else looking to do the same, I parked on the £1.60 an hour parking. Luckily I looked twice at the sign because the parking is residents only from 6.30pm till 8pm so we had to move the car (nightmare) and found somewhere else where the pay parking had ended at 5pm (don't ask me where!).
  • Bushboy
    Bushboy Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    That's a new one on me, didn't know about the residents 6.30pm-8pm bit.

I always advise anyone to check the parking sign's on lamposts and on the meter's anywhere you park.
    Just an extra couple of minutes double-checking could save a lot of money and anger/frustration etc ( The wardens around Hamm & Fulham are notoriously good at dishing out tickets :mad: )

Championship CAMPEONES 2010-2011
  • Fran
    Options
    Bushboy wrote:
    That's a new one on me, didn't know about the residents 6.30pm-8pm bit.

I always advise anyone to check the parking sign's on lamposts and on the meter's anywhere you park.
    Just an extra couple of minutes double-checking could save a lot of money and anger/frustration etc ( The wardens around Hamm & Fulham are notoriously good at dishing out tickets :mad: )
    I asked a bloke about parking and he said don't even be a minute late or the car will be gone!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport