Armed forces penpals

Options
Hiya, I hope I can post this here? Couldn't find anywhere else on the forum.
Basically, I would like to have a penpal in the forces, to write to and send packages of essentials and things to pass the time for them.

I have joined britishpenpals but have heard back from only one soldier, who wasn't the original one I wrote to (I don't mind this but the site must be out of date!). I have looked online for over an hour but can't find any specific addresses to write to, as you need the exact name etc of the soldier. I have also been on support our soldiers website but cannot email any of the reps for some reason.

So I was wondering if anyone knew of where I can find any info, or if you know anyone in the armed forces who I can write to then PM me their details if you like :) Or if anyone knows a troop I can write to where one person can pick to write back to me, or does it not work like that? Sorry, I don't know lol.

I am a 22 year old female by the way :) I will start in the new year so that I don't hold up family and friends xmas things, as wouldn't want this to happen.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post it, I hope someone can help me :)

Comments

• samm1551
    Options
    Sorry, but for persec reasons I wouldn't want to disclose anyones details. If your after dating instead of just a penpal then google uniform dating.
  • mrs.way
    mrs.way Posts: 133 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you, will go on that site :)

I am not after dating atm but if the bf carries on the way he is then I will look at the other site lol!!!!

• BAILEYS6904
    Options
    Hiya

Support our Soldiers does not disclose personal information of soldiers!! We are involved in the support of soldiers (such as sending welfare boxes etc) and their families (support groups, xmas parties for their children etc).

If you want to send welfare boxes (and this Christmas campaign, we have sent over 12,000) give me a shout and I can point you to the local area co-ordinator to you). You can put your contact details in the box, and if the recipient wants to write back with their details, as many do to be honest, then they can. However, its not a penpal site, I wouldnt want to mislead you, as I say, its their to support our Armed Forces, and their Families and loved ones.

HTH xx

Thanks
  • samm1551
    Options
    Bailey,

Thank you for clarifying that.

Mrs.Way, I will say that there are not many pen pal sites that I know of, maybe try Soldier Magazine? They do have a website if you google it. Again probably for persec issues.

Me xx
  • mrs.way
    Options
    Thank you :) I did think that there would be security issues, and I wouldn't want any soldiers to be persecuted because of it (if that what persec means??) Will have a look at the magazine site, thank you :) xxx
  • fleagle21
    Options
    mrs.way wrote: »
    Thank you :) I did think that there would be security issues, and I wouldn't want any soldiers to be persecuted because of it (if that what persec means??) Will have a look at the magazine site, thank you :) xxx

LOL!! I know that wasn't meant to be funny, but it made me laugh - its personnel security :) so many abbreviations though, you're not to know if not familiar with it all!
  • mrs.way
    Options
    fleagle21 wrote: »
    LOL!! I know that wasn't meant to be funny, but it made me laugh - its personnel security :) so many abbreviations though, you're not to know if not familiar with it all!

Oh lol. I did think that if they would be persecuted was a bit OTT but I thought maybe cause it's to do with soldiers and stuff then it might be because I remember that word being from the war.....now I feel like an idiot!!!!! That was the only word I could think of that started with 'persec' lol.

Well thank you for clearing that up :) What a donut I am :P
  • hotpot1000
    Options
    http://www.soldiersangelseurope.org/

these people have letter writing teams, the american version is definitely penpals, should be what you're looking for
  • mrs.way
    Options
    thank youuuuuuu :) xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business