EDF Gas Bill- 1 months usage

Options
Moved house and changed supplier recently, just had the final bill for a 3 bed terrace for one month £80 heating on 5 hrs a day during week and most of the weekend cos of the cold snap.

Does this seem right?

Comments

• sammyjammy
    sammyjammy Posts: 7,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    No idea, I have my heating off as much as possible! Did you read the gas meter when you moved in? Have they estimated the bill? Does the reading compare with what thee meter says? Once you've got all this information you should be able to work out if the bill is correct or not.
    "You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    £80 a month in this weather is cheap!
  • victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,601 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Cardew wrote: »
    £80 a month in this weather is cheap!

Yep, have to agree with that. I've used £82 worth in the last 18 days and the heating is off from 8am to 5pm during weekdays.

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• spinningsheep
    Options
    Yep, it's cheap. Gone are the days of cheap heat, if you want to be warm, you've got to pay. My average in this kind of cold snap is approx £120 per month, but my gas usage drops to about £20 a month come spring when my heating goes off altogether, so I pay by DD and it averages itself out over the year. If you have a fireplace, think about opening it up and having a real coal/wood fire, it will mean you can scavange free wood and have a real crackling fire which is gorgeous in this kind of weather :)

CC limits £26000

Long term CC debt £0

Total low rate loan debt £3000

Almost debt free feeling, priceless.

Ex money nightmare, learnt from my mistakes and never going back there again, in control of my finances for the first time in my adult life and it feels amazing. 
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure