Why isnt the A&L 12% regular saver featured?

Options
Is this not a very good product compared with the Lloyds 8% one? Or does the 2year fixed rate gain the points with this?

Comments

• Riviera_Kid
    Options
    The reason why it's not the featured Regular Saver is explained here (at the bottom).

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/viewnews.cgi?newsid1151055096,42233,
  • Indispensable_Hobbes
    Options
    i always seem to miss the information im after, selective reading
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I dont know how valid this is as I heard it third party and havent verified it myself. A friend of mine was looking to change his bank accounts and take advantage of this but because he is self employed, they wouldnt treat a transfer from his business account into the current account as a deposit if his business account was held there. Internal transfers between accounts dont count towards that deposit requirement.

You would either have to have your business account elsewhere or write a cheque to another bank account with another bank and then write one on that one back to the A&L. Whilst possible, you run the risk of being accused of crossfiring and losing interest between the multiple transactions.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure