IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

To pay or not to pay? PCN NW LTD

Options
2»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 4 March 2011 at 6:49PM
    Options
    ste_d43 wrote: »
    quick update,

i had a further letter from pcn nw doubling my 'fine', ignored this

now i've had a letter off moorcroft debt recovery asking me to stump up

is it worth going to see the CAB about all this nonsense, or shall i just put it down to a bad dream and if i ignore it for long enough it will go away?

Don't even think about wasting your time with the CAB!

Guess who re-wrote their guidance notes about private parking fines? It was the BPA apparently! It now says 'ooo, there may be a contract, ooo, you should appeal...etc.

You couldn't make it up, the PPCs' members' club writing the CAB guidance! :mad:

Let me Google them (Moorcroft and PCN NW) for you to see what other forums say:

Google result
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Oopsadaisy
    Oopsadaisy Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    ste_d43 wrote: »
    ...if i ignore it for long enough it will go away?

Er.....I think you already know the answer to that one...... [based on the thousands of responses on identical questions on here and rest of t'internet]...
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
  • zicok
    zicok Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    i have the same problem too, not usre if it is the same company, but when i rang and told them i will not be paying and what will happen, the guy told me that it will be passed on to a collection agency? and that i hav ebroken a contract with the car park!? i have scanned it for you guys to look at but dont know how to post it on here!! lol
  • AlexisV
    AlexisV Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    Options
    Moorcroft sent me 6 letters for a non-parking but similarly non-existent debt and then gave up.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 16 March 2011 at 7:16PM
    Options
    zicok wrote: »
    i have the same problem too, not usre if it is the same company, but when i rang and told them i will not be paying and what will happen, the guy told me that it will be passed on to a collection agency? and that i hav ebroken a contract with the car park!? i have scanned it for you guys to look at but dont know how to post it on here!! lol

Dunno why you rang them! The only 'problem' you have is that the cowboys have your phone number to harass you with now and you'll have to tell them to do one when they call!

Why do you seem surprised about the 'collection agency'? Our top sticky thread shows the exact debt collection agency letters that these companies use (debt collectors being toothless pen-pushing call centres who do NOT have bailiff powers). You don't need to post the bogus PCN up here, nor the debt collector letters - we have seen them all before and so can you if you look at the sticky threads.

The link to the whole board view (stickies at the top) is in my post #7 above from 14th December.

The top stickies also include a link to Watchdog a few months ago, with a solicitor showing Anne Robinson how to make a paper aeroplane from a PPC bogus PCN (for it is bogus).

HTH
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Oopsadaisy
    Oopsadaisy Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    zicok wrote: »

In other words....me too. Exact same as several hundred other posts.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure