Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Free Xmas Lunch/Overnight stay for Older People Lonely this Xmas

Abbeyfield
Abbeyfield Posts: 3 Newbie
edited 14 December 2010 at 12:17PM in Charities
National charity, Abbeyfield has launched a Christmas scheme - COPE-at-xmas.com – (Companionship Of People who are Elderly at Xmas) to ensure that older people who are alone or lonely don't spend this festive season by themselves. Older people (55+) throughout the UK can join Abbeyfield residents for a free Christmas lunch and even a free overnight stay between 24th December and 4th January at Abbeyfield sheltered houses taking part in the initiative. The cut-off date to register to take part is the 21st December 2010. :j

Comments

• Just wanted to add that my Mum has been the Housekeeper of an Abbeyfield for 20 years now. We actually lived there for 10 years and loved it. The residents do become part of your family and my Mum loves her job. They really have a great time at Christmas and some of the residents actually choose to stay there instead of going to their families on Christmas Day..
    ;)I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY;)
  • vwelsh13
    vwelsh13 Posts: 259 Forumite
    edited 23 December 2010 at 11:01PM
    oh gosh how lovely...but how depressing to think I will be an "older" person in 5 1/2 yrs!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure