Norwich & Peterborough Gold Current Account...internet banking any good?

Options
Hi
Seriously considering opening N&P's Gold Current to use as my main account as I travel overseas a lot so will save a quite a bit in fees from 2011. I'm aware that N&P haven't implemented Faster payments yet, but thats not such a big deal for me...however what's their internet banking like for current accounts? Is it as good as the other mainstream banks/building societies? I presume you can do the usual things like apply for overdraft, print off statements, set up standing orders, make bill payments, send payments overseas etc? I guess there's no card reader you have to use to access your account online? Also do you get bombarded with ads all over the screen when viewing your account? (HSBC is one of the worst at this)

Comments

• Hazzanet
    Hazzanet Posts: 1,713 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi
    I presume you can do the usual things like apply for overdraft,

No direct feature, but perhaps possible through the secure messaging.
    print off statements,

Yes
    set up standing orders,

Yes
    make bill payments,

Yes
    send payments overseas etc?

No feature there, probably not possible via secure messaging I would guess.
    I guess there's no card reader you have to use to access your account online?

Nope
    Also do you get bombarded with ads all over the screen when viewing your account?

Nope, no ads, no offers, no messages.

It's terribly old fashioned, lacks a few features such as a central database of payees but generally works well.
  • baby_frogmella
    Options
    Thanks, couple more questions:

1) What is their telephone support like? I presume its UK based, unlike HSBC whose support can be shocking at times? Also do they reply quickly to secure messages sent through online banking?

2) Is pretty much EVERY credit/charge card company listed in the list of payees on internet banking?

• Hazzanet
    Hazzanet Posts: 1,713 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks, couple more questions:

1) What is their telephone support like? I presume its UK based, unlike HSBC whose support can be shocking at times? Also do they reply quickly to secure messages sent through online banking?

It's very good; based in Peterborough. Usually less than 24h for a secure message turn around.
    2) Is pretty much EVERY credit/charge card company listed in the list of payees on internet banking?

No they don't have a database of payees that I can find. It's a matter of filling in the sort code, account number and reference from the back of the bills.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure