Personalized christmas bauble D.I.Y.?

Options
hollydays
hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
An idea,and some questions.
Just received a catalogue with personalized gifts in-v expensive.I noticed a painted glass bauble personalized with babies name on.£20!Phew!
Looked a bit closer and it seemed to be written in glitter glue(?)

Where can i get a glitter glue pen.?
It was also packed into a little wooden box,I am sure some similar could be tracked down from a poundland type of shop.

Would this work with glitter glue do you think? Think it might also be a nice idea for a school christmas stall for fundraising.

Comments

• victory
    victory Posts: 16,188 Forumite
    Options
    hobby craft sell glitter glue, poundland sell it in trio's ,normally put near the door,any artist shop, Woolies I have seen it in, ELC have it also for the kids xmas activities pack, xxx
    misspiggy wrote: »
    I'm sure you're an angel in disguise Victory :)
  • Frell
    Frell Posts: 171 Forumite
    Options
    Failing that buy some prit stick and some glitter and do it that way, I know its more messy etc but thats another way to do it :)
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    Might be best to look for the stuff you can use on glass rather than glitter glue. Daughter once made a Mother's Day gift at school, they were asked to bring in an old jar and it came back decorated with with lovely patterns, it still sits on my desk with pens in. :)
  • hollydays
    Options
    Yes,glue that affixes to glass.Superglue? then,add own glitter maybe?
  • JenIttels
    JenIttels Posts: 541 Forumite
    Options
    What a great idea! I was struggling to come up with some old style xmas presents (I want to avoid candles and food stuffs) but this I can do. I already have glass paints so will find some suitable glass objects or maybe the glass jar idea!

Thanks so much all.
  • Alleycat
    Alleycat Posts: 4,601 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ooh, this would be a lovely christmas eve activity!! My dd is a bit young, but I'd love to have a go and I bet my 24 yr old sister and dad would love it! I'll rope in my mum and my OH as well. Right, a couple more things to add to my shopping list!!
    "I've fallen down a hole" - said in best Monty Python voice-over.
  • Alleycat
    Alleycat Posts: 4,601 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This thread has got me really excited!! I've found a couple of links to some quite fancy baubles you can make:-

Made with beads

For the tiddlers!

Something for the older kids (and adults!)
    "I've fallen down a hole" - said in best Monty Python voice-over.
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    When I was asked for an empty glass jar I wasn't told what it was for and the only one I could find was a small Nescafe coffee jar which was oddly shaped but as it turned out it worked well because of the odd shape of the jar.

Ikea, Tesco etc sell very cheap glass vases that you could decorate and while I'm on a roll Ikea sell a frosted glass lamp for just a couple of pounds and one year we got skeleton leaves and glued them on the side of the lamps, looks really good. I'll try and take a photo later and post up. The leaves can be bought in craft shops for next to nothing :)
  • lillydrip
    Options
    don't forget you can request empty jars on freecycle.:j
  • hollydays
    Options
    Speaking of freecycle-if you post a request-how do if know if anyone has replied?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback