Egg super balance transfer

Options
hi everyone, i have recently applied for my egg card, can i do a sbt to my egg savings account through the website? ???
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

Comments

• Galstonian
    Galstonian Posts: 1,292 Forumite
    Options
    They are (allegedly) giving you the money to pay off a debt. Asking them to deposit it directly into your savings account is probably not quite what they intended.
  • Milarky
    Milarky Posts: 6,356 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Tayus,

Please see here,

......... here,

and here for a related discussion...

They may 'bounce' any requested payment, but the only way to know is to do a 'test' balance transfer [min £50] to see. The worst that can happen is an error message. You might always say it was 'a mistake' if asked... [and I doubt you would be]
    .....under construction.... COVID is a [discontinued] scam
  • Tayus
    Tayus Posts: 313 Forumite
    Options
    how about this then................

Can i transfer the full amount of my credit card to my current account and then still get 0%?
    Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
  • david78
    david78 Posts: 1,654 Forumite
    Options
    Tayus,

The best thing is to transfer it to your current account. You will get 0%. Once the money is in your account you can transfer it to your savings account. This route takes a few days longer but is the recommended route.

Good luck.
  • Tayus
    Tayus Posts: 313 Forumite
    Options
    thanks for the advice
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure