🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

How many £'s for 1160 euros?

Options
I am going on holiday to europe and have £1000 spending money to be converted into euros.

Do I get it changed into euros and take cash?

Travelex currently 1160 euros for £1006.07

If I used a Nationwide debit card and withdrew 1160 euros from an ATM abroad how much in sterling would be debited from my account?

More or less than £1006.07?

Taking into account any charges and interest.

I also have a RBS debit card would I get more or less euros than using a Nationwide debit card?

Or say left the money in my bank account and I used my Nationwide credit card to pay for everything and the total came to 1160 euros.

Not likely but for the sake of this post possible.

What would my statement amount be in sterling?

Or a combination of both, say 500 credit card and 660 ATM withdrawals.

At the end of the day are we talking 10's of pounds difference or £1's difference?

Or even pennies difference?

Also for the sake of this post do not take into consideration the security aspect of carrying that amount of cash. It could be divided up between 4 persons anyway.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family