GE 3% Cashback - Statements

Options
Along with others, I am delighted with the GE 3% cash back card (long may it continue). However the lack of on line access to the account is the down side.
I used the card abroad during the last month and am keen to make sure there are no dodgy transactions.
Although the statements are issued on the 17th, I still dont have one. Not a major issue, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had the October statement yet.
PS, I have had 3% cash back on all spend for the past 3 months, so also wondering what will happen with spend in euro's.

Comments

• Cagey
    Cagey Posts: 295 Forumite
    Options
    Not had mine yet.
  • JMcC
    JMcC Posts: 82 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Cagey.
    I've been looking at this site for a few months now and have only just registered, so happy to get a response to what is my very first post.
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    JMcC wrote:
    However the lack of on line access to the account is the down side.

FWIW a post in another thread suggests that they are working on it.
    JMcC wrote:
    Not a major issue, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had the October statement yet.

Not had mine either, but another post seems to indicate that they arrive on the 25th - so maybe tomorrow then.
    Stompa
  • mrmajika
    mrmajika Posts: 987 Forumite
    Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I haven't had mine either.

The online access was meant to be going 'live' in October but I haven't heard anything as yet.

There is an 0870 number on the back of the card. If you phone that, give your card number to the automated system, along with your date of birth (in DDMMYY format) then the last 3 digits of your telephone number, it will give you your current balance and recent transactions etc.

I know it's an 0870 but you can do it quite quickly and as it's automated - you don't have to wait 20 minutes to speak to an adviser.
    Whilst my posts do not constitute financial advice, I am always, without fail, 100% right! :D
  • John_LG
    John_LG Posts: 132 Forumite
    Options
    Yep, I'm really pleased with my card too - I also seem to have had 3% on all purchases so far (3months). No statement for Oct yet, waiting for the postie! It'll be interesting to see if the 3% has carried on into my 4th month. Online will be a nice addition, looking forward to it. One downside - I now fill both cars up with diesel, and do the sainsbury's shop! Could apply for second card, but the boss is happy with her current Morgan Stanley cashback (cos it's black?)...

Edit: Statement arrived, as Stompa says below, 3% on everything... well chuffed! Even house insurance and PC components valid for cash back!!!
    :money: [STRIKE]Mortgage: July01=62700; Apr07=~15000[/STRIKE]
    Mortgage free date: 2037... we've moved house to somewhere we can't afford...
    :wave:If someone helps, say thanks, doesn't take much effort really
  • Stompa
    Options
    Statement arrived this morning, 3% on everything again.
    Stompa
  • JMcC
    Options
    Marvellous. Hopefully my statement is waiting for me.

The 3% is really terrific. Even if it was only on Petrol and Groceries, but it still sounds to be on all spend. Wonder how long it will last.

One thing to note is that the 3% is capped at £5000, then I believe it drops to 0.5%. I don't normally spend this much on a card in a year, but have been using my card rather than cash recently to maximise cashback.

Thanks again for your replies.
  • Stompa
    Options
    JMcC wrote:
    Wonder how long it will last.

I suspect not very long, I don't see how they could possibly afford to sustain it.
    Stompa
  • soreeyes
    soreeyes Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    I too recieved my GE money card statement today, and got 3% on all purchases.
    Good game this, I buy groceries at tesco with my GE card (-3%),present my tesco club card (-1%), fill up car at tesco garage on way home, useing my 5p per litre off voucher (oh you work that one out) and again present my club card(1%).
    Smug:D
    MOTTO: F.E.A.R.....F!!K EVERYTHING AND RUN:eek:
  • JMcC
    Options
    Good news again. 3% on everything, including spend in euros.
    I have not been charged anything for using the card abroad and the exchange rate looks good. I actually got a slightly better rate on the card than I got from travelex for cash (and that was the best rate I could find).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure