Want to see the new MoneySavingExpert.com? Want to help? Blog Discussion

Comments

• nearlyrich
    nearlyrich Posts: 13,698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    I like it, the colours etc are much more vibrant.
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
  • Looks pretty good.
    Should be readable by the 3 main colourblind types.

Looks a bit dull (very brown) when run through the deuteranope & protanope colour-blind simulator, but you frequently get that & the images in the link colours will help.
    Still wish I could buy a TARDIS instead of a house!
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    frugglewump - sounds like you're just the type of person we need for testing - any chance you'll volunteer (if so pls email [EMAIL="iwannahelp@moneysavingexpert.com"]iwannahelp@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL])

Martin :)
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • Martin you could also get textHELP Browseaload for the new site. The website is http://www.browsealoud.com/page.asp?pg_id=70004 I use textHELP Read & Write Gold 6 and 8. And they make great software. Also you may want to have different sizes or fonts or both in text.
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    For those who only saw a small image when you clicked - it has been fixed now
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • Thanks Martin, looks great cant wait to beta test it.
  • RACHIE77
    RACHIE77 Posts: 2,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi there! I have emailed the addy Martin and hope I can help out with the testing too, the site looks so much easier on the eye although a lot of things are hard to check without it being a proper html page I guess but my first impression was how much better it looked!! Look forward to hearing from you about testing and seeing this new site in action too!!! :beer:
    Official DFW Nerd 210 :D
  • alba37
    alba37 Posts: 2,616 Forumite
    Hi all

Here's a newbie Point of view!

I only found MSE recently and have been a regular ever since. The site is fantastic and jam packed with hints/tips/advice/discussions etc.... Full of interesting reading & learning, but I have had difficulty in finding my way around. Not that that's a bad thing, as I manage to stumble from one part to another anyway!!

The new design looks less cluttered and more user friendly. I think it will attract more newbie's to look around, once they do I am sure they will stay!! I like the colours and layout of the new site, as far as I can see looks like a change in the right direction...

I am available to help/test, just let me know if I can be of service!

P.S. I am addicted anyway & would be sticking around even if things weren't changing! I love the site!!
  • Have sent volunteer email.
    My dept (CS at middx uni) has a research group looking at web accessibility for people with physical & cognitive problems - will probably be able to borrow the testing tools.

This is what it looks like through the red-green (deuteranope) filter

http://pics.livejournal.com/purple_ellie/pic/0008q632/
    Still wish I could buy a TARDIS instead of a house!
  • robnye
    robnye Posts: 5,411 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    much better..... more professional looking than the first attempt.....
    smile --- it makes people wonder what you are up to.... ;) :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport