E.on Save Online 4 the best deal?

Options
DemiDee
DemiDee Posts: 524 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Hi folks,

Tomorrow I come off E.on's Fix Online 3 and I've been told that my best bet is to go onto their Save Online 4, which is:

Gas:
first 2680kwh 5.34p each
then 2.68

Electric:
first 900 kwh 17.43p each
then 8.76

I believe that there's also 6% off for paying by direct debit and 2% dual fuel discount, with this tariff.

Just wondering if I've done the right thing. Is anyone on anything better? The downside is that you don't get Tesco points on this tariff :-(((

Comments

• jep49
    jep49 Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I amd pondering this as we speak. It is the best for now, but are EON waiting to announce a price increase for this tariff. In which case fixinline 9 might be the best bet.
  • parawatch
    Options
    Hi Guys,

I too am thinking of changing to the fixonline 9 to keep the tariff the same as what I am already paying on fixonline 3.

I notice at the end of August EON's saveonline 3 had the following tariff:

Gas: First 2680kwh was 5.54505 pence then 2.57455 pence
    Elec: First 900kwh was 15.7605 pence then 7.959 pence

so EON have already made increases to this tariff (which I guess has now been replaced with fixonline 4) in the last 2 months, so I would prefer to fix the rate to March 2012.
  • Airmike23
    Options
    In terms of Eon, Save Online 4 is their cheapest deal, in respect of the market all I can suggest is doing an online comparison to see what else is around
  • deshepherd
    Options
    parawatch wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I too am thinking of changing to the fixonline 9 to keep the tariff the same as what I am already paying on fixonline 3.

I notice at the end of August EON's saveonline 3 had the following tariff:

Gas: First 2680kwh was 5.54505 pence then 2.57455 pence
    Elec: First 900kwh was 15.7605 pence then 7.959 pence

so EON have already made increases to this tariff (which I guess has now been replaced with fixonline 4) in the last 2 months, so I would prefer to fix the rate to March 2012.

I've just switch to FixOnline9 ... SaveOnline is a bit cheaper at present but as mentioned Eon have not raised prices this winter so this price differential may well rapidly narrow/disappear.

SO4 may turn out to be cheaper than FO9 but I suspect the difference will be small and I'm happy to possibly pay a slight premium for a fix until Mar 2012.

N.b. unit prices for FO9 are the same as FO3 - but the online discount is much less - 3% instead of 13.9% in my case so it is ~10% more expensive. Also FO9 doesn't have Tesco clubcard points ... though as I only use Tesco as a shop of last resort this isn't too much of an issue for me!
  • DemiDee
    DemiDee Posts: 524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Martin has just mentioned this:

http://www2.savetodaysavetomorrow.com/documents/OSV7-Ratecard.pdf

£100 for new customers who switch, but because it's not a like for like comparision (ie. they use daily rates instead of prices per kwh) I'm finding it difficult to compare with my tariff above. Maths was never my strong subject!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure