re filling in bankruptcy forms any help apreciated?

Options
Hi
Im trying to talk my OH around to going bankrupt, he sticks head in sand and Im left to sort out mess as per usual
very long story how this all came about so I wont bore you with that. but ive printed the forms off to fill in for bankruptcy and there are a couple of quick things I need to know how to put it / or what to put don't know if any one can help?
ok here goes
a) If our car (worth approx £3000) is in my name will it have to go on the bit where it says do you own a car etc etc (he uses works truck for work)

b) When it says reasons for not having enough money to pay your debts? do they want a life history?? or what sort of thing ? it says provide reason but I could gone on for ever and day as to the reasons!

c) This isnt related to the forms: If we ve decided to do this when should we stop making payments to the companies (we ve been just about covering the minimum payments ie by paying with other cards or selling stuff on ebay but now all the credit is used up on all cards and so I am struggling to meet the payments to at least 2 cards this month? but can borrow some money off my mum like last month to do it?)

hope this doesn't sound like gobblede gook ??

thanks A x :o
BR Club Member: [STRIKE]42 [/STRIKE][STRIKE]43[/STRIKE] sharing 42 due to administrative error:D

Comments

• CLAPTON
    CLAPTON Posts: 41,865 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    this is a big step...have you sought professional advice, e.g. payplan or CCCS or even posted the details here?
    do not borrow any money off your family as you wont be able to give them preference in repaying the debts if he goes bankrupt.
    without full details its very difficult to give advice. why are you sure that bankruptcy is right for your OH?
    but, if your car is yours and in your name then, no, there is no reason to declare it. subject to not have any real details, once you have reached the stage of not being able to pay the minimum amounts each month you may as well stop paying anything now and save the money towards bankruptcy costs (but i dont know whether this is the best option for you)
  • goonergirl
    Options
    Hi
    Have been reading up on all the credit websites etc and even the insolvency one came up with the option bankruptcy!
    to be very honest about 8 yrs ago I had to go through it myself (but I was on my own with little one as OH left me and i had debts from a previous marriage and CAB at time told me to do it but they did it all for me and was a lot less debt than we in now.) No regrets there just regret(sort of) letting my OH back into my life as he is so useless with money and drink !!
    a
    x Ill try and copy and paste my income outgoings but its not pretty reading! LOL
    BR Club Member: [STRIKE]42 [/STRIKE][STRIKE]43[/STRIKE] sharing 42 due to administrative error:D
  • goonergirl
    Options
    Wages 953.00
    Benefits 95.00

Total 1048.00

Rent 312.00
    Council Tax 101.00

Elec 40.00
    Gas 37.00
    Water 29.00
    Telephone 32.00
    T.V Licence 12.00
    Hse Insurance 12.00
    Car Insurance 30.00

Food 350.00
    Sch Dinners 27.75
    Clothing 15.00

Travel/petrol 65.00
    Car Tax 16.00

Totals Incoming 1078.75

debts
    Computer 19.00 400.00
    Kay Catalogue 140.00 600.00
    MBNA card 22.00 1200.00
    First drct card 57.00 1920.00
    First Dct O/D 5.00 500.00
    Capital 1 card 104.00 2290.00
    Kays visa card 75.00 2500.00
    Barclaycard 27.00 1190.00
    Natwest card 45.00 1935.00
    Natwest Loan 300.00 14500.00
    Natwest O/D 5.00 2200.00

totals 799.00 29235.00

TOTAL outgoing 1877.75
  • goonergirl
    Options
    ooops the formatting went a bit to pot!and I pressed enter too quick by mistake! sorry sorry sorry!
    a
    x
  • CLAPTON
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    whose name are the debts in?

are you not elegible for WTC etc or is that already in the 95?

how many children?
  • shellsuit
    shellsuit Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi gooner, I went bankrupt earlier this month so can I just give you a word of warning.

I printed the forms off the net and filled them all out then I rang my local county court to book an appointment.

The lady told me that the forms online are slightly different from the ones the court issue, so if I were you I would ring your local court and ask them to send a pack out to you with their forms in it (you have to fill in 3 lots the same) just incase your forms are no good as mine were :)
    Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty...
  • goonergirl
    Options
    The debts are all in his name
    and yes child tax credit is included we don't get the full amount as we supposedly owe them £3000 back (but they don't know how and we don't know how but it was to do with when the computer wasn't updating our claim properly andit had to be done manually or something they craze me Ive give up with them!)

we have one child
    a
    x
  • goonergirl
    Options
    Oh thanks for that shellsuit
    You d think the ones online would be upto date! good job Im having problems fillingthem out then cos would have hated to waste all that ink printing 3 x 30 pages!!

a
    x
  • CLAPTON
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ok bankruptcy does seem to be the only realistic option. in fact i can't realy see how you pay the bill even before the debt repayments.
    presumably you are not working? why do you need a car?
  • goonergirl
    Options
    I had been working last year but it was costing more in petrol getting there (added to some of the debt) than I was bringing home! and my childs school is also not in the village so I have to get him to school. (we live quite rural)
    i have also been working at home selling on ebay but again Im losing more than im making since they changed the shop listings and fees so Im stopping it this month.
    Sorry if non of this makes sense, Ive got a bad head to day and really wanted to start on these forms so I can confront him later and say this is the plan. (he needs a plan then he will do!)
    a
    x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure