Options

Comments

• dogcat_2
    dogcat_2 Posts: 21,401 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 10 February 2012 at 10:56AM
    Options
    Oh no...I did the same and entered my number....:(

......don't believe this...only just entered my details a few mins ago...and had the call! :eek:The guy was ok though...he said he'd send my mag out...and I'd get it in a couple of weeks.:D
  • n33712
    n33712 Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Has anyone actually received the Mag yet. Been a month for me and nothing yet!
  • Elizabeth99
    Options
    free issue of the following, Auto Express Magazine

Computer Shopper Magazine

New Internationalist Magazine

Mens Fitness Magazine

The Week Magazine

Pc Pro Magazine

Octane Magazine

Evo Magazine

Digital Slr Photography Magazine

Moneyweek Magazine

http://www.freemagazinesubscription.com/?s=
  • JonoClouds
    Options
    Select which mag you want, then click on the green Free Issue button. The organisation then rings you on the number you gave "to organise delivery". Not had my call yet but expecting sales pressure!
  • niclon26
    niclon26 Posts: 404 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Comes up as not found when I click either of the 2 links posted.
    Live each day as if it was you're last
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,948 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    niclon26 wrote: »
    Comes up as not found when I click either of the 2 links posted.

Just checked and comes up ok for me in IE
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • albionwarrior
    Options
    Octane magazine captures the exclusivity and excitement of the classic car world. Each issue brings you unrivalled road and track tests along with stunning photography of the most revered classics.

http://subscribe.octane-magazine.com/freeissue/
  • david_creative
    Options
    quite a few free issues of magazines

http://www.freemagazinesubscription.com

The Week Magazine

Pc Pro Magazine

Octane Magazine

Evo Magazine

Digital Slr Photography Magazine

Moneyweek Magazine

Auto Express Magazine

Computer Shopper Magazine
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,948 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 16 April 2013 at 7:04AM
    Options
    http://www.karltaylorphotography.co.uk/free-photography-tips-tutorials.htm

Get Your FREE Photography Course...

Simply enter your first name and email
    address in this green box and click "Go".

We will send you an email link to your new photography micro-course.
    You can start learning immediately or simply bookmark your
    micro-course to return to the lessons at a later date.
    We take your privacy very seriously.
    You can unsubscribe from our course at any time.
    Your email address is protected by our system's strict anti-spam laws.

Still not convinced? Here is what you get 100% FREE

Find out exactly what fantastic photo knowledge you get!

lesson-1.jpg
    Lesson 1
    The Six Essentials

The first and most important thing to understand for modern SLR photography, is that to record an image you must have all of the following 6 things.
    • Light - You cannot have a picture without light in some form or another
    • Medium - What that light (or image) is recorded onto
    • Aperture - The hole that that light HAS to pass through
    • Shutter Speed - The time the light is allowed to pass through the hole
    • Composition - What is in your picture and how it is composed
    • Optics - Lenses that attach to our SLR camera and focus the light as an image
    Once you have mastered these, everything else falls into place.
    Lesson 2
    Understanding Light
    (Part 1)

• What makes good light?
    • How do you know when the light is right or what the best time to shoot really is?
    • How do different types of light affect the quality of our photograph?
    This photography video tutorial quickly reveals the answers to these frequently asked questions.
    Lesson 3
    Understanding Light
    (Part 2)

Did you know that achieving professional portraiture doesn't always require and expensive studio or an elaborate lighting set-up?
    In this video lesson, I show you exactly how to source great light for indoor portraits with a few simple pieces of inexpensive kit and some pro techniques!

Lesson 4
    A Review of Light

In this short lesson we highlight the key concepts behind the various qualities of light. Discover how and when you would expect to find them when planning your photographs.
    This review will help you remember the photography skills retained from our previous two video lessons. It might be worth printing this document for future quick reference.

Lesson 5
    Natural Light Portraiture

OK, so I make a fundamental error at the beginning of this sequence. You might have done this yourself, it was unfortunate the camera was caught me!!!
    Keep watching though...
    ... I will reveal a fantastic professional secret along with some other great top tips.
    Follow this step-by-step process and by the end of this video you will have learnt how to capture stunning portraits using natural outdoor light to its full potential.

Lesson 6
    Advanced Portraiture Techniques

Take your portraiture to the next level with Karl's advice on the techniques for professional level portraiture.
    The complexity of human nature, human emotion and the multiple of environments in which portraits are photographed mean that to obtain an effective, artistic but true to life portrait of your subject can be a testing task for even an experienced photographer.

Lesson 7
    Shutter Speeds

One of the essential six and how using it wisely will open a world of creative possibilities!

Lesson 8
    Action Photography

Freezing the action or capturing the motion.
    I shoot some exciting examples of both in this action packed tutorial.

Lesson 9
    Six Essentials Review

Let's see if those six essentials mean more to you now than they did at the start.
    Now you should have a good idea of Shutter Speeds and how they can be used to alter the effect of the image captured.
    The creative effects of shutter speeds can be even more pronounced when used in combination with a tripod and landscape photography.

Lesson 10
    Travel Photography

Travelling is often the most active time with our cameras.
    Here I capture a beautiful sunrise in Paris and show you how filters can make the difference.

Lesson 11
    Ambient & Artificial Light

Existing light and artificial light, understanding what happens when you mix them both.
    The next video is an extract from our Professional Series Masterclass in Fashion & Beauty Photography.
    This programme is clearly aimed at professional photographers or those with a higher level of knowledge but I thought I would include this small sample to demonstrate another area of Light.
    I will be introducing artificial light from flash or strobe and mixing it with the existing light which we call ambient light.

Lesson 12
    Fashion Shoot with
    Flash & Ambient Light

A location fashion shoot in Paris with the Karl Taylor Photography team gives you an exciting insight into mixing artificial light with natural ambient light.

Lesson 13
    Perfect Photo Composition

What are the key secrets behind perfect photography composition?
    Composition is a combination of subject matter and how you decide that subject matter should be arranged within the area of your picture. It is one of the most artistic aspects of photography and can make the difference between a good photo and a great photo!
    Simply put, it is choice.
    You are deciding what the subject will be and how it will be arranged in your picture.

Lesson 14
    Converting images to Black & White in Photoshop

To understand black & white photography you first need to understand a little bit about colour.
    The primary colours of light are red, green and blue and an equal mixture of these will form white light. Our secondary colours are cyan, magenta and yellow.
    Each of these are opposite to the primary colours and each theoretically cancel the other out.
    This technical bonus tutorial looks at some of the reasons an image can become several different types of "black & white" and shows you how in Photoshop you can make incredible conversions.

Plus...

We Will also Send You These Fantastic Bonus Videos...
    Absolutely FREE

Bonus Video 1
    Tripods & Maintenance

There are literally hundreds of tripods out there.
    With so much variation in price, manufacturers and size, which ones are best value for money?
    This video explains what to look out for and also how to keep your equipment in good working order for many years to come.

Bonus Video 2
    Polarising Filters

This tutorial is all about Polarising Filters.
    Have you ever wondered how Polarising Filters work or what they are used for?
    We take a closer look at which types are best and most practical to use.

Bonus Video 3
    Lens Hoods

Believe it or not, the lens hood is one of the most under appreciated camera accessories available!
    Watch this short video to find out how this simple accessory will not only improve your photography but also help protect your equipment.

Bonus Video 4
    Camera Bags & Straps

Your fourth Bonus Video is all about Camera Bags and Straps.
    What size bag and what level of protection is best for your equipment?
    I take a look at a few of my favourites as well as showing you how to make your camera more comfortable.

Bonus Video 5
    Using on Camera Flash

In this bonus video I show you how you can easily soften the light from your on camera flash/strobe by using the bounce technique.
    This easy tip will help improve the often harsher lighting of on camera direct flash/strobe especially on people shots indoors.

Bonus Video 6
    Lens Quality

In this video I take a look at lens quality to help you understand what some of the numbers written on the lens barrel actually mean!
    I also take a look at a variety of lenses and point out some of the differences between them, which should make it easier for you when it comes to choosing lenses in the future.

Bonus Video 7
    ND Graduated Filters

Graduated Neutral Density filters are one of the most important accessories in a landscape photographers kit bag.
    In this video I demonstrate their effect on a sunset photo-shoot using a telephoto lens and show you the difference between results with and without the filters.

Bonus Video 8
    Exposure & Histograms

Have you ever had difficulty understanding a histogram or not quite understood what they are for?
    Well in this Bonus video I take a look at histograms to help you understand them and show you how they can be useful for calculating the correct exposure of your digital images.

Bonus Video 9
    Adding Graduated
    Skies in Photoshop

In this bonus video I show you one way that you can use Photoshop to easily enhance or add a graduated sky to your picture.
    This simple technique can be mastered in under 5 minutes!

Bonus Video 10
    Preparing Your
    Images for Print

In this bonus video discover the Photoshop workflow used to improve and enhance your digital images before you transfer them to print.
    Things like calibration, sizing, local contrast and sharpening all help you produce higher quality display prints to get the very best out of your images.

Bonus Video 11
    Pro-Lab Printing

Have you ever wondered how pro photographers get the best print quality possible for their exhibition work?
    I take a look behind the scenes with Fitzlab Pro Laboratory at some of the printing materials and the machines used to get the best possible results.

Bonus Video 12
    Enhancing Skies in Photoshop

In this video I demonstrate some simple Photoshop techniques to enhance the drama of a thundery sky.
    By using duplicate multiply layers and layer masks I'll show you how you can quickly and easily enhance the image with this simple 5 minute tutorial

Bonus Video 13
    Shooting for Black & White

Sometimes the weather might not look great for photography, but there are times when grey cloudy skies can make incredibly great subject matter for Black & White images.
    In this video I am out with the intention of shooting for Black & White images to show you how great results can be achieved even on a grey day!
    You can combine this information with the Bonus B&W PDF in your Free Micro-Course.
    This tutorial demonstrates some great Photoshop techniques for converting your favourite shots into beautiful Black & White images.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • lemontart
    lemontart Posts: 6,037 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    cool - being doing a few one day courses and this will help hit some of that home and build on it and save some dosh.
    I am responsible me, myself and I alone I am not the keeper others thoughts and words.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure