Free Copy of Digital SLR Photography Magazine

Options

Comments

• jenny-wren
    Options
    withabix wrote: »
    A representative from Digital SLR Photography magazine will be in touch shortly, calling from the number 0845 357 1001

I'm glad I questioned it. I definitely won't be availing of their offer!
    Norn Iron Club Member 330 ;)
  • girl_withno_name
    Options
    withabix wrote: »
    Probably not very 'FREE' as someone will be calling for your card details to trigger an automatic subscription if you don't cancel within about 5 minutes of the free issued being delivered, I suspect:

A representative from Digital SLR Photography magazine will be in touch shortly, calling from the number 0845 357 1001

Just in case, I gave them an old unused mobile number! Was a good move.

Same here - made the mistake of giving my real number on a similar 'free copy' of the Economist and they rang me multiple times a day! :(
    You were only killing time and it'll kill you right back
  • Chocmonster7
    Chocmonster7 Posts: 2,606 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've done this many times before and not just for this magazine, all they try to sell you is the 3 for £X offers and I've always just declined those. No extra phone calls or mail from the publishers.

If you gave them a false number you won't be getting a free magazine just wasting both yours and their time! :doh:
  • thenudeone
    thenudeone Posts: 4,462 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    We need the earth for food, water, and shelter.
    The earth needs us for nothing.
    The earth does not belong to us.
    We belong to the Earth
  • Willows
    Options
    Just made my day :)
  • ScaredCrow
    Options
    Oh my gosh I totally spaced out and put our home phone number on the form and it just said "A representative from Digital SLR Photography magazine will be in touch shortly, calling from the number 0845 357 1001". Argh, I hope they don't keep calling. :| Thanks though OP.
    :happylove
  • Pomdren
    Pomdren Posts: 802 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hmm. I'm not seeing anywhere to input my details. Where the box should be it's just blank. Tried in Firefox and Chrome.

A shame; I keep considering getting a DSLR and this magazine would've helped make that decision.
  • Moomin
    Moomin Posts: 357 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ScaredCrow wrote: »
    Oh my gosh I totally spaced out and put our home phone number on the form and it just said "A representative from Digital SLR Photography magazine will be in touch shortly, calling from the number 0845 357 1001". Argh, I hope they don't keep calling. :| Thanks though OP.

I'm using Firefox and I got this message too after entering some made-up details onto the form....btw i didnt see any box to enter the reference code

:(
  • DUKE
    DUKE Posts: 7,360 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    ScaredCrow wrote: »

Just had my call from a very nice Irish man, he did ask if I wanted to buy extra issues at a cheap rate but I said I'd wait & see if I liked the mag first. Also he said that they may contact me in future regarding offers that I may be interested in.....
  • mummy_jeans
    Options
    :jThank you just bought the camera so need all the guidance i can get!! Good spot! Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure