Urgent travel insurance query?

Options
I am travelling to Belfast via Easyjet this saturday and staying over for 1 night at the Hilton. I am getting a little anxious about the snow and I am nervous as I cannot afford to lose any money.

Are there any insurance policies that will cover us for-

If the flight is cancelled
If the flight is delayed
If we cannot get to the airport and miss the flight
The cost of our hotel room should any of the above occur

obviously this is in direct relation to the snow/weather condition

would appreciate any recommendations

Comments

• Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,851 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you haven't bought insurance yet and do so now with the snow already here, it won't cover you, its a known event, so I wouldn't waste your money. I am flying, I hope, from Heathrow at 0715 on Saturday morning so I am hoping the alleged thaw will have set in by then.
    Belfast Airport has avoided any closures so far so it may be OK as the snow is moving south today. It may be more important to consider the airport of departure rather than arrival and give yourself plenty of time to get to the airport, one of the hazards of travelling in December. If it is any consolation I have flown in December at least twice for the last 10 years and only once, December 21st last year did I get caught. We we warned of a two hour delay but then the pilot said we could be looking at another 2-3 hour delay and invited those of us who wanted to 'abandon ship' which I did. Needless to say checking the arrivals later in the day, the flight left 33 minutes after I got off, so if you wait you will usually get there. Check directly with the hotel what their cancellation policy is, you can often cancel up to 1200 on the day of arrival without charge unless you have bought a special non cancellable deal
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure