Are all calls to all TalkTalk customers free??

Options
I wonder if anyone else has come across this, & if so, is it worth drawing to Martin's attention.

There seems to be 2 versions of TalkTalk out there - one through Carphone Warehouse & one through Sainsbury's Homephone. Both websites claim that all calls to TalkTalk customers are free, but nowhere can I find anything saying "as long as they are Sainsbury's customers" (or Carphone Warehouse). Yet my partner is on TalkTalk (CW) & her sister is on TalkTalk (Sainsbury's), & they get charged for making calls to each other.

I have tried several times to contact the 2 separate entities, & can't seem to get on simple reply on the subject, although they are more consistent now in stating that calls between CW & Sainsbury's are not free.

Has anyone got any thoughts, experiences, etc. It would be nice to get some transparency here!

Thanks folks

Comments

• hurrah
    hurrah Posts: 1,373 Forumite
    Options
    Talk Talk and Talk Talk at Sainsburys are two seperate products, and have different tariffs if you peruse Sainsburys site.

https://www.sainsburystelecom.co.uk/talktalk/servlet/gben-Home
  • gallacat
    Options
    Yet they are both called Talk Talk! I am pretty sure when they both started up that they were deemed to be the same thing apart from the company name behind them.
  • telecomsavings
    Options
    I think TalkTalk withdrew that promotion a while ago.

NTL and Telewest also withdrew that offer.

Bulldog Communications still offers the free calls between customers.

Sainsburys homephone and British Gas homephone is managed by Carphone warehouse and is branded as Sainsbury's TalkTalk or TalkTalk at British Gas. They both offer variable packages so it is important that you read the terms and conditions carefully.
  • hurrah
    hurrah Posts: 1,373 Forumite
    Options
    I think TalkTalk withdrew that promotion a while ago.

Original TT still offers free calls between customers of their service.
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    My calls to other TalkTalk customers are free. The change to the terms was instead of being up to 3 hours free it is supposed to be the standard 70 minutes.

In practise this isn't the case as I just received my bill this morning, calls total £1.15, bit dear this month as daughter dialed my mobile without using 18185 :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure