🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Online Shopping

Options
For some reason online stores are all refusing both my credit card and all of my family who live at our address. They come up with a message saying that my card address does not match the address they have. I have phoned the bank four times to make sure the card address is correct, have no debts and even tried calling some of the companies to give card details over the phone to no avail. What on earth can I do? Driving us all crazy. We should probably just close our accounts and start again!!! I have had my card with the same bank for 26 years!!!

At one point the bank did a credit check as I had become a signatory for a company and the credit check showed dozens of people with the same surname staying at my house over the years but none of them had stayed at the house and in fact the house has been in our family for 26 years! I called the credit company and they said the informaton had come from our local council who hold the voting records for our area. I call the council and they said the credit card company were speaking rubbish and that only my immediate family were indeed registered at our house. Do you think that the credit rating information is suddenly affecting us? Are credit companies such as equifax regularly putting up untrue information in the hope that folks such as me will have no option other than to pay them to clear the rubbish off our credit rating??? At my wits end with no clue how to sort this out. No Xmas presents for us this year I think as we live on an island with no shops!

Can buy things in a shop using my card so that side of things is fine.

Comments

• BargainGalore
    Options
    I wonder if it could be to do with electrel (cant spell the damn word) roll
  • roadside10
    Options
    I have no clue but it appears I am blocked whichever way I try to go to resolve the issue. Maybe my citizens advice bureau would be able to help?
  • Dr_Cuckoo3
    Dr_Cuckoo3 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    Options

hxxp://www.synectics-solutions.com/proj_siramota.asp (or similar)

"Each customer is scored for risk" (which I suspect includes more factors than they state on their website) ;)
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • roadside10
    Options
    If anything we should pose less of a risk than we did during the last 26 years as we are both working full time and have no debts!!

Also if the bank is fine and they are happy with us then online shops should have no problem. Only problem should be if the bank refuses our card which it is not. Very annoying and very confusing.
  • Dr_Cuckoo3
    Dr_Cuckoo3 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    Options
    Mail order companies score you for risk using Synectics Solutions etc - nothing to do with your card company ;)
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 2 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport