IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

New Generation Parking

My sister just rang me to tell me what has happened to her boyfriend Alex.

He moved into his new flat two months ago. He has a numbered parking bay which he is registered to park in. His friend came around to look at his new place and parked in Alex's space. He was literarily in Alex's flat for two minutes when he came out to find New Generation Parking writing him a ticket. He explained the situation and said that it was his friends space who allowed him to park there but he was having any of it and told him to write to the head office.

Alex's friend wrote to the head office appealing the fine, giving Alex's address, telephone number and car registration number and asked them to contact Alex if there was a problem. They wrote back saying that the fine still stands and it has now gone up from £75 to £150. Alex's friend's wife is a solicitor who basically told him to ignore the fine as they do not have a leg to stand on and not to pay it.

Last night, Alex had a missed call at 3 am which he did not answer. When he came to his car this morning all four of his tyres were slashed and all his windows were smashed in. All other cars around his car were fine. He called out autoglass to replace the windscreen and the bloke said "wooaaahhh who have you upset new generation parking, if I was you mate I'd pay the fine or they will be after you again". Alex said he had never had a parking fine in his life and then remembered the fine his friend has. The autoglass man said did you have a phone call too, because they are know for ringing people up, knowing that they are in a flat and cannot come down quickly to say "hey mate look out your window at your car" before driving off.

Alex went to the police with this information but they are not interested as they said all the evidence is circumstantial. Alex asked his friend for the parking fine information so that he could pay the fine to get them off his case as he is worried that they will attack his car or my sisters car but his mate will not give the information as a matter of principal.

How can people act like this and why are the police not interested!

Comments

• taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Because there is no proof that they done this, how can the police go forward with conjecture and hearsay?

Is there any cctv in the area ? How about the number that called you, was it withheld ?
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,283 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Oh pleeeease don't let him pay the fake fine, that just lets the scammers continue.

Can he get CCTV evidence, can he get his phone provider to trace the call?

Can he get the Autoglass chap to tell the Police what he knows about NGP?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I know these lowlifes will stoop to almost anything to gain money but do you think they would go this far? Unless the individual scum-bag is on commission only so has their own enforcement ideas?

I would be interested to know If the Autoglass man had known others who had a NGP parking charge, not paid then had the same done to their cars, that would surely be more then circumstantial. Probably would not be enough to actually charge anybody but I would have thought a visit from plod just to have a word may prevent it happening to anybody else.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure