Prepaid Envelopes

Options
Do you get loads of postage prepaid envelopes in your junk mail?

Why not use them?

Stick a label over the original address and write (or preferably type) your address on it. stick it in the post and off it goes.

I tried it a few times with empty envelopes and put my own address on them and sure enough they are delivered.

Might be advisable to only use for the type of postage where it is not the end of the world if it doesn't arrive !!!

Moderator comment:- NB This may well be illegal or considered as fraud.
I say what I like, I like what I say!

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Or you could use the prepaid envelopes to dispose of junk mail. They send some to you, you send them some back. :D
  • Sarahsaver
    Sarahsaver Posts: 8,390 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    A brother of a close friend 'reuses' such envelopes and has had no problems with the mail getting delivered to its intended destination.
    Quite right too. A justified payback to the companies who subject our letterboxes to all that sh1te!
    Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
    I have done reading too!
    To avoid all evil, to do good,
    to purify the mind- that is the
    teaching of the Buddhas.
  • Trix
    Trix Posts: 10,266 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Check out http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=Vent;action=display;num=1079988799 for more ways to use freepost envelopes (and for the boring post office view on using freepost enevelopes for yourself ::))
    I'm a little angel o:)BUT A WHOLE LOTTA DEVIL
    'Spend your life with eyes open, sleep only to dream of what to do next'
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I would be very careful doing this! It's mail fraud which is an inprisonable offence!!!
  • Sarahsaver
    Sarahsaver Posts: 8,390 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Is anyone currently residing at her majesty's pleasure for this then? ;D

Not as bad as the CRIMINAL postal service i get now - arrives about 10 am when it used to be around 7...
    Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
    I have done reading too!
    To avoid all evil, to do good,
    to purify the mind- that is the
    teaching of the Buddhas.
  • SPL
    SPL Posts: 268 Forumite
    Options
    That'll be the Post Office moving from two rounds to one. Most people will find that their delivery times have been affected. You want to be glad you even get your mail - did anyone else see that Dispatches program? Shocking!  :o
  • misty
    misty Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    Options
    Is anyone currently residing at her majesty's pleasure for this then? ;D

Not as bad as the CRIMINAL postal service i get now - arrives about 10 am when it used to be around 7...

10 am - that's practically the crack of dawn round here where it's been known to be delivered at 4.40pm. I received a letter inviting me for interview the day after the interview! It was posted over a week earlier. Postal service is Crap.
  • wirm
    wirm Posts: 5,273 Forumite
    Options
    In repsonse to Sarahsaver:

My postman said something to me when I complained to him about the amount of junk mail I get. What he said was:

"It keeps me in a job"

:-/
  • agent007_2
    agent007_2 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah 10am is EARLY! I used to get my post around 11am but now it's moved to 2pm. Think yourself lucky!
  • mick10101
    mick10101 Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    Do you get loads of postage prepaid envelopes in your junk mail?

Why not use them?

Stick a label over the original address and write (or preferably type) your address on it. stick it in the post and off it goes.

I tried it a few times with empty envelopes and put my own address on them and sure enough they are delivered.

Might be advisable to only use for the type of postage where it is not the end of the world if it doesn't arrive !!!

I have had a letter sent to me for an Ebay payment, but the post office held the letter until I paid the postage and a handling fee, which of course I passed on to the buyer.

So be carefull you may get caught out ::)
    (I have not got a beer gut, its a fuel tank for a love machine):eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport