ltsb 9m 0% coming to an end

i have a platinum card 0% bt offer coming to an end in, i thought, november. 9 months after the money came through. being the cautious type, i rang them to get a confirmed date and was pleasently surprised to be told it was actually january! 6 week bonus:D .

anyone else have experiance of this with ltsb in particular, and did they send some written confirmation in advance of having to pay interest?

i recently had the same situation with hsbc and it worked out for the good. so is this fairly normal? i'll have a couple more 0% bt's coming to an end soon so fingers crossed there as well.

thanks in advance.
Please note, we've had to remove your signature because it was sh*te!

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    If I remember correctly, both LTSB and HSBC give you 6/9 months 0% on BT's from the date the BT is debited to your account.

As LTSB gave you a 'BT window' of 6 weeks (and HSBC* gave you 30 days), then it's quite possible that your LTSB 0% period could end in January. However, you should seek confirmation from the provider because they don't always give you notice** on your statement.

* You can send HSBC a secure message from your online area asking them for the exact end date.

** I've had three 0% offers from LTSB, and only once have they put the 0% end date on the penultimate statement.
  • bockster
    bockster Posts: 448 Forumite
    cheers yb for the prompt reply.

the hsbc card should be paid off in full now, should confirm next week, it did indeed seem like approx 1 month extra.

the confirmation i have had from ltsb this morning was only verbal, hence why i ask about receiving confirmation in advance, although i should have specified written.

i think i'll chance it then and only pay it off end of december. if only i could get another card to bt to:doh:
    Please note, we've had to remove your signature because it was sh*te!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure