In Limbo ....

Options
Well. I am in that no-man's land twixt giving up on trying to keep up te regular payments to my creditors and getting the IVA up and running. Draft proposal promised any day now, so creditors will get notice in just over a week, if all is OK.

Anyway ... had my first creditors phone chase up this evening, from Capital One. To say I was surprised is an understatement !! I was fully expecting to be bullied. I let the young lady say her (scripted) speech regarding the lack of the last due payment, which she ended with, " Can you make payment by debit card right now?". I thought there would be no point in trying to dodge the bullet, so just said, "No!". I then said I was about to propose a IVA. The young lady then politely put me on hold for a minute, then came back and simply asked that I ask my IP to contact them with the proposal as soon as possible and that she'd put a "stop" on my account to prevent me getting further phone calls.

I wonder (and doubt it) if the other phone calls I will no doubt get will be so easy !!!!

Full marks to Capital One :T

Comments

• Charco_2
    Charco_2 Posts: 1,677 Forumite
    Options
    Historically a terrible company but have heard recent positive remarks similar to what you've just reported!

Glad to hear it and glad for you!

There are tactics you can yse to prevent the "bullying" if companies are not as delightful as Capital One were for you... hopefully you wont need to rely on them!

Good luck and well done for taking the first steps!
    Would you ask the wolves to look after the sheep?
    CCCS funded by banks
  • FoggyBrain_2
    Options
    Thank you Charco. I am sure the "others" will not all be as helpful and would be interested in hearing what these "tactics" might be.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure