Natwest address to start process reclaiming bank charges

Options
Hi, can anyone give me the Natwest address I need to write to, to start the process of reclaiming bank charges? I found an address on Moneysavingexpert, but I think this is for requesting a list of transactions. I don't seem to be able to find an address to send a letter to.
Many thanks in advance for your help
Millie

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Use their normal complaints address. However, what are you reasons for reclaiming? Since the banks won the court case, they will not refund charges (nor will the FOS tell them to) unless you meet the criteria for hardship or can get them to make a goodwill payment
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • zppp
    zppp Posts: 2,476 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, can anyone give me the Natwest address I need to write to, to start the process of reclaiming bank charges? I found an address on Moneysavingexpert, but I think this is for requesting a list of transactions. I don't seem to be able to find an address to send a letter to.
    Many thanks in advance for your help
    Millie

Just send it to your branch, written on the top of your statement. They will then forward it depending on the nature of your charges complaint. (i.e. hardship, OFT, if there has been a bank error etc)
    Best Regards

zppp :)

• Milliecat55
    Options
    Hi, thanks for both replies. Hardship is my reason for applying. I don't wish to hand in to local branch as I don't trust they'll pass it on. I have written them letters before regarding other things that have been ignored. Would rather send to complaints department but can't find an address. Even their 'complaints' leaflet says apply to branch first. I don't want to use a branch!!
  • stclair
    stclair Posts: 6,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You could use:

NatWest Customer Relations
    FREEPOST NAT12685
    BOREHAMWOOD
    WD6 1BR
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 6 December 2010 at 2:04PM
    Options
    Hi, thanks for both replies. Hardship is my reason for applying. I don't wish to hand in to local branch as I don't trust they'll pass it on. I have written them letters before regarding other things that have been ignored. Would rather send to complaints department but can't find an address. Even their 'complaints' leaflet says apply to branch first. I don't want to use a branch!!

You should follow their complaints procedure if you want a speedy and considered resolution.

If you don't wish to hand the letter in to your local branch, post it to the manager there as per their complaints procedure.

The address given by stclair appears to be for a higher review ... but that is unlikely to happen if you haven't followed the published procedure. Best you could expect is they will forward this to the manager of your branch thereby creating yet further delays.

Furthermore, if the bank don't agree to your claim, the FOS may not be willing to consider it until you have followed the correct complaints procedure.

Are you sure you qualify as in genuine financial hardship? You appear to have not done nothing for almost a fortnight, and don't appear to be in any rush as you are considering how to proceed.

I think if I didn't have a roof over my head or food on the table, I wouldn't be hanging around. I suggest you read the sticky thread referring to financial hardship online resources before hot footing it down to your local branch ... or the postbox to mail your complaint there if you are prepared to incur further delays despite your claim of financial hardship.
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure