Barclaycard reissue declined !

Options
Dear All,

After 27 yrs with Barclaycard, and a nice credit limit and a platinum-plastic card, the dears have decided I can’t afford them anymore. OK I don’t use it often (5-6 times a year) and pay it off on time so other than the insult and the 10 days warning the loss of the thing is of no issue and I hope I was costing them money. However my question is - will "suspending me" flag up on my credit rating? And if so into whose ear should I bellow?

Thanks for any advice

Your inflexible friend

Comments

• Hax
    Hax Posts: 890 Forumite
    Options
    I will just show up as a settled account on your credit file - assuming the balance is cleared of course. If you still have an outstanding balance, then you will need to pay this off and the account will just show like any other active account until settled.

The main affect it will have is in reducing your available credit - which, if you go looking for another card isn't necessarily a bad thing as most lenders view having too much "available" credit as a risk.
    My posts are my own opinions based on my experiences and info gathered from sites such as this.
    They are not a substitute for professional financial advice - but you knew that already didn't you? ;)
    VSP 2011 - Member #25 - Started 6th December 2010 - Total As Of 4th May 2011 (21 weeks in!) - £323.67/£500 - So far so good!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure