Urgent news on IPA's - Changes for BRs after 01/12/2010

Options

Comments

• blondee55
    Options
    Windsurf wrote: »
    That explains the IPOQ form I got in the post checking if my circumstances have changed.

I wonder how long it will take them to start targeting people on benifits.

When did you receive your IPOQ form as the OP says the OR offices only found out themselves today. I would not be worrying if your income is totally from benefits.
  • now
    now Posts: 851 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,

From 1st December 2010 the IS are to take IPA payments of £20 per month (current lower limit £50) and that ALL SURPLUS WILL BE TAKEN, not 50 - 70 %.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

These instructions have been issued today to all offices (and the OR 's are hoping mad about it too.)

Sorry folks

DD

Do you mind telling us how you found this information? I can't find anything on the IS website, only I would have thought they would have to issue some guidelines or up date notes as the 1st of December is only around the corner
    If you woke up this morning congratulations, you have another chance :j
  • Windsurf
    Options
    casual wrote: »
    This justifies my decision even more to sit on benefits until my discharge date.

4 months to go.

I think this will backfire on them as people who are working if they are working for no extra cash they will aslo end up going onto benifits.

I agree you are probally better off on benifits if they are gonna target people hard like that.

I also feel sorry for those poor soles who may have just had enougth left over to join a gym contract or other pay monthly club and now have it stripped away from them as they have no surpless money anymore. They will end up back in debt again!
  • dojoman
    dojoman Posts: 12,027 Forumite
    Options
    But at the moment it is getting harder and harder to get on benefits. I can`t believe that they can just deliver such a bombshell and implement it so quickly.
    :pB&SC No. 298
    Life`s Tragedy is that we get OLD too soon
    and WISE too late!
  • Questionner
    Options
    PLease verify this change as I can't see it anywhere else - news, forums etc?
  • now
    Options
    dojoman wrote: »
    But at the moment it is getting harder and harder to get on benefits. I can`t believe that they can just deliver such a bombshell and implement it so quickly.

I can't find anything to back this up, I would have thought they needed some time to implement the changes, it seems a bit quick
  • skylight
    skylight Posts: 10,716 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Debt Doctor has current contacts in the IS service and uses them regularly, I believe. He also works for the CAB as a debt worker and is very, very good. There is very little reason to disbelieve anything he comments on.

The IS service website is woefully out of date anyway on the technical side manual.
  • now
    Options
    PLease verify this change as I can't see it anywhere else - news, forums etc?

Me neither
  • debt_doctor
    debt_doctor Posts: 4,595 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    now wrote: »
    I can't find anything to back this up, I would have thought they needed some time to implement the changes, it seems a bit quick

I have the written instructions from ORBS IS case administration unit to all IS offices on my desk, as handed to me from an IS friend today.

The decision has been made by the 'directing board' and no change to legislation is believed to be required.

It states that the tech manual will be updated 'shortly'.

DD
    Debt Doctor, Debt caseworker, Citizens' Advice Bureau .
    Impartial debt advice services: Citizens Advice Bureau Find your local CAB *** National Debtline - Tel: 0808 808 4000*** BSC No. 100 ***
  • dojoman
    dojoman Posts: 12,027 Forumite
    Options
    DD, many thanks for the update, much appreciated :T:T:T
    :pB&SC No. 298
    Life`s Tragedy is that we get OLD too soon
    and WISE too late!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing