Funding for internships abroad?

Hi :)

I'm a second year student and have to compete a 6 week placement in the run up to fashion week (late feb 2011)

I'd really like to do one in France to improve my French but my university can't help me out with funding as the scheme stipulates that the student has to be out of the country for a minimum of 3 months :(

Right now my tutor and I are doing everything we can to get around this issue, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any companies, website or anything at all that may help with funding?

I've done the usual googling of charities and funding for students, applied to many, but most aren't accepting applications at this period in time, thus I was hoping there was a more creative approach?

I'm working every hour God sends to try and save but it just wont be enough :(

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Could you do some fund raisers maybe?
    I'm assuming you're a fashion students so maybe you could put on a fashion show at the union or something? use the money from tickets as profit or maybe if theres any small clothes buisnesses could pay you a small fee for having thier clothes shown and then sold after the show?
    I went to one of these at my old school once and had a great night out.
  • Oldernotwiser
    Oldernotwiser Posts: 37,425 Forumite
    Apart from the funding, do you actually have a placement lined up as this is really short notice for something as competitive as fashion?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure