Peugeot 207 clutch problems

Options
Hi,
I have a 2008 plate 207 1.6 Sport with a juddering clutch. This only happens when i pull away from junctions, traffic light etc from stationery whilst building up speed to move through the gears. I have done around 20000 miles from brand new, and don't drive around towns/cities on a daily basis, nor do i roll on my clutch.
I've been advised over the phone by 2 Peugeot dealers that if my clutch has gone then i will be looking at a bill of around £1000 which i really can't afford.
Does anyone have any advice or thoughts on this? Is the juddering prehaps weather related as it's only started to happen over the last few weeks rather than the clutch being on it's way out? I wouldn't say the clutch ever felt like it was slipping as i thought it would if the clutch was on it's way out.
Thanks
Jo :(

Comments

• HiTo
    HiTo Posts: 106 Forumite
    Options
    What engine? Petrol or diesel and if diesel 90 or 110 bhp?
  • johnnyroper
    johnnyroper Posts: 1,592 Forumite
    Options
    a 2008 207 with 20k on clock should be under warranty still,and in my opinion a juddering clutch is not a wear and tear issue like slipping would be so should be covered.
  • HiTo
    Options
    a 2008 207 with 20k on clock should be under warranty still,and in my opinion a juddering clutch is not a wear and tear issue like slipping would be so should be covered.

It used to be up 20k, now its 6k on all clutch related parts.
  • johnnyroper
    johnnyroper Posts: 1,592 Forumite
    Options
    HiTo wrote: »
    It used to be up 20k, now its 6k on all clutch related parts.

That's bo11ox if you ask me pug should offer better warranty,does that still apply if the release bearing fails?
  • HiTo
    Options
    That's bo11ox if you ask me pug should offer better warranty,does that still apply if the release bearing fails?

There are restrictions on what is deemed to be 'wear parts'. And yes it does apply to release bearing.
  • goldspanners
    Options
    is it definatly the clutch or is it your wheels spinning due to the damp slippy roads as you pull away?
    ...work permit granted!
  • peter120165
    Options
    Hi, I have a 207 1.4 sport and the clutch went(started juddering) at 23,000 miles and it was replaced under warranty by portfield peugeot at chichester west sussex.I have now done 40,500 miles and the clutch has started juddering again.I got a quote from portfields and supply and fit is 526.38. 2 clutches and i,ve only had the car 2 years as we bought it secondhand with 17,000 miles on it from portfields. This leads me to think that this car has either a design fault or is using inferior parts.My wife and I are over 40 and dont tear !!!! around and have had several different cars during our driving lives and have never had to have a clutch replaced, so I dont think our driving styles are to blame.For the person quoted over 1000 for the clutch try portfields on 01243 782163 and maybe print off all the various complaints regarding clutch failure and chuck it back at them.Whilst I know what the warranty states I dont think it can be considered Reasonable that a clutch only lasts around 20,000 miles, good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure