TalkTalk

Options
I recently switched to TalkTalk for my home phone. Knew I would not be able to get their cheap broadband where I live but wanted their £10 deal.

They couldn't do it, couldn't explain why, cut me off repeatedly, sent back a standard and meaningless email when I mailed them and didn't reply when I wrote a letter.

Although I have at least 2 neighbours with broadband and our exchange has recently been enabled for it I guessed the problem lay partly with BT and the line. I'm pretty rural here and have got used to problems with phones and electric supplies.

So I rang 100 to talk to BT and wasted my time going through their stupid automated system that they all have to have now days because they can't be bothered to train anyone in what they do. Finally I am asked to enter my number and a smug voice comes on and says I'm not a BT customer so S*D OFF.

OK so I go online and try their web site and the switch back to BT page. It doesn't work and gives me a number to use to talk to someone - ha ha press buttons for half an hour more like. But no, I'm wrong it’s just a dead line. Strange, is TalkTalk blocking this line?

So TT can't do what they promise on their web site - broadband for £10/month. They won't let me ring BT to get away from them and BT don't want to talk to me anyway.

I'm stuffed.

There is no icon I can put with this message that sufficiently reflects the anger I feel when put in this sort of situation.

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    You were trying 0808 100 5152 weren't you?

http://www.bt.com/reconnect/index.jsp
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure