We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

christmas spiced marmelade

2»

Comments

  • LJM
    LJM Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    that sounds lovely i have a passion for marmalade
    :xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:
  • emiff6
    emiff6 Posts: 794 Forumite
    500 Posts
    minimooch wrote: »
    Thanks all.


    do you think I would get awqy with chucking in a few cinnemon sticks during the simmering boiling bit, and then fishing them out at the end? QUOTE]

    That's what I do. Cinnamon sticks, star anise, a few cloves and if I'm feeling very rich, a vanilla pod, tied up in a bit of muslin, so they are easy to pull out.
    If I'm over the hill, where was the top?
  • emiff6
    emiff6 Posts: 794 Forumite
    500 Posts
    janeawej wrote: »
    Lemon and ginger would be nice I think, you could add bits of crystalised ginger or just some ginger powder if you wanted to cut costs right down, or maybe put a little lime juice in for lemon and lime?

    That sounds great - I would never have thought of putting ginger in lemon marmalade, but I'm going to try it. I'll probably grate some fresh ginger, tie up in muslin, and put in the pan with the fruit. Thanks for the idea! :T
    If I'm over the hill, where was the top?
  • mambury
    mambury Posts: 2,168 Forumite
    right then... lemon and ginger it is!! I only bought it cos the tin was bashed and whoopsied..... hurrah for OS ideas!
    sealed pot challange #572!
    Garden fund - £0!!:D
    £0/£10k
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.