We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Ford Focus Estate central locking gone mad!
I have a 1999 Ford Focus Estate which is great apart from one very iritating flaw.
Sporadically whilst driving the central locking clicks and locks all the doors.
Bizarrely thius means I can't open the drivers door at all, and have to wind my window down and unlock it with the key from outside.
Which really looks wierd but hey, I drive a 99 estate!
The other doors open using the door pull inside.
Other times it locks and unlocks repeatedly for up to a minute.
I'd love to know how to fix this without spending a fortune at the garage.
Any help really appreciated.
Thanks
Sporadically whilst driving the central locking clicks and locks all the doors.
Bizarrely thius means I can't open the drivers door at all, and have to wind my window down and unlock it with the key from outside.
Which really looks wierd but hey, I drive a 99 estate!
The other doors open using the door pull inside.
Other times it locks and unlocks repeatedly for up to a minute.
I'd love to know how to fix this without spending a fortune at the garage.
Any help really appreciated.
Thanks
0
Comments
-
Sounds like a duff connection somewhere. Or possibly the drivers door lock.0
-
An auto electrician would be a better place to get it looked at. Most mechanics aren't that brilliant when it comes to electronics so it's a good idea to go to someone who specialises in it. Plus they're usually cheaper.
I'd look up Ford forums to see if it's anything common, and also try pulling out the rubber bellows from between the door and pillar to see if the wires have chaffed.0 -
Drivers door module, Once they start to get on a bit the dislike cold weather. Does the remote fob not work?Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...0
-
forgotmyname wrote: »Drivers door module, Once they start to get on a bit the dislike cold weather. Does the remote fob not work?
It worked until recently, it had a new battery this year so it shouldn't be that, I don't think.0 -
I'd agree with above- looks at the drivers door lock/ mechanisms.... Goes occasionally on my car in cold.0
-
?confused? Why would a new battery fix an old worn door locking mechanism?
The switches/motors/solenoids etc are old & weak, The cold weather makes them work harder
so they give up. Wait until the summer it should start working again if your lucky.
Problem is what to do when the car decides to unlock itself.Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards