Thank you to the "MSE" team

Options
Rossy.
Rossy. Posts: 2,484 Forumite
edited 18 November 2010 at 10:11PM in Site feedback
Martin & Team

I just thought this thank's was appropriate seeing how you've been given non stop grief over the last 24 hours over this "Spam Email/Hack"

I've only been a user since April i think. In that time i've managed to claim back PPI on my own (Thanks Di !) and have battered down some debts i owe. I'm far from getting it sorted yet as i'm battling with Blackhorse at the moment but without this site i would most definately have bowed to pressure from creditors and be in a much worse financial position. With the help of the people like you who set this site up and the users like me on it i've managed to seek advice and encouragement to help me along my way.

I've also managed to gain so much knowledge on simple things like parking tickets for example. I've learnt how credit card APR is calculated and i've generally got a much better finacial understanding to secure me when i get debt free.

The knowledge you provide to us is in most cases invalueable and i can't thank you enough for providing this facility

Martin, You are a money god to most of us folk struggling in the lines of debt. And your team are a credit to you and deserve all the praises possible.

I hope whatever has happened hasn't dampened your spirits and you remain one of the webs most popular money saving sites.

Merry christmas to you, your team, and everybody reading this

Rossy
If Adam and Eve were created first
.Does that mean we are all inbred

Comments

• PhylPho
    PhylPho Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good to see the voice of reason hasn't been lost amongst the unexpected baying for blood by some MSE posters elsewhere.

MSE was, is, and hopefully always will be, one of the Net's most invaluable resources. That its founder still clings to the principles that surrounded its genesis says much for MSE's enduring sense of fair play and commitment to independent thought and opinion.

I hope the tiny percentage -- and it is tiny -- of idiots who behaved in such unpleasant fashion recently hasn't made MSE uncertain of how it stands in the view of its massive user-base, because regardless of what's happened, countless thousands are still appreciative and still supportive.

But. . . MSE being a site which, as noted, prizes independent thought and opinion, that doesn't mean folks like me are uncritical of the handling of the current situation where an attempted scam seems to have been triggered by an earlier hack.

I'd miss MSE if it went off-line for any length of time. But if it came back stronger and more secure, that'd be just fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure