🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

10 months and counting!!

Options
Having forgot my old password I decided to set myself up with a new username and have a fresh start! So here it is new diary and new focus!

A bit of background: I'm a married mum, currently working 2 or 3 days a week. I've just found out that there are going to be redundancies at work and a complete staff restructure. Basically due to a number of factors that I will go into later it makes sense for me to go for voluntary redundancy. If I get it I will be employed until next summer, leaving me 10 paydays to sort my life out!! I will continue to work after next summer on a casual basis so will still be able to bring in some money.

My targets are to reduce our debts by as much as possible and we have some work that urgently needs doing on the house and we need about 3500 (sorry no pound sign!) by Easter to pay for it!

Our current figures are:
Savings 800 - need to increase by 2700
Credit card 1 - 177.32 (This should be cleared on payday at the end of the month)
Store card - 207 (am also hoping to clear this before Xmas)
Credit card 2 - 11595.52 (Currently interest free until Easter):eek::eek:

So not too much pressure then! :rotfl:I completed an SOA under my old user name and am fairly sure I've changed everything I can for the time being. Will look again at this after Xmas. The main things I think we can reduce are the amount we spend on groceries and 'casual' spending. I think I'll try to use this as a spending diary too, to try to keep track of where the money is going.

Will leave it there for now and go and see what I can find for tea without having to go to the shops.

haz

Comments

• fizzypops
    Options
    hi haz :)

i am looking at keeping a spending diary too as what little money i do have left seems to escape into the unknown never to be found again :(

good luck with your diary :D

xx
    Total debt- 2982.00 Now- £2890.00
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,780 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy shiney new diary :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • haz08
    Options
    Thanks for stopping by!! Managed to do dinner from what we already had in, even managed to make enough to freeze some for next week. Have also had a root around in the freezer for something for tomorrow nights dinner so no spend there. In fact the only spend has been the kids sponsor money for dressing up day tomorrow at school. So a pretty positive start! Just need to keep up the motivation!
  • 3_kids_2_jobs_1_dog
    Options
    Hi Haz,

Thought I'd pop in and say hello and good luck.

Good start feeding everyone with things you already had, it's too easy to think 'Oh I've got nothing in for tea and before you know it £20 has gone from your purse (supermarkets have certainly got their marketing right - money just vanishes in those places). Love that fact you have made extra to freeze, very OS and means you can have an easy night another day.

I 'popped' to Morrisons last night, stuck fairly well to my list but did succome to coffee on special offer, stocked up on sweet mince meat for Xmas (always seems to get sold out nearer the time) and bought PG Tips instead of my usual Value teabags so that poorly DD could have the Christmas monkey that came 'free' with them (was worth the extra to see the look on her little face), loads of basics, cheese on offer and whoopsied veg and more cheese (freezes well) total was £54!! Should mean that appart from milk, bread and a few more veg/fruit we should be sorted til end of month. Note to self - Need to start a spending diary to keep track of it all.

Good luck *subscribes*

REPAYMENT PLAN
    Barclaycard £6700 0% repaying at £300 pm
    LOAN [STRIKE]£14000[/STRIKE] £9352 - DFD September 2022
  • BEAT_THE_DEBT
    Options
    Good luck i will be reading.xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate