Nationwide vs Post Ofiice CC

Options
Has anyone bothered to compare the benefits of the 2 cards?

I know that both offer fee free foreign money and the PO one has slightly better rate, but what about the other benefits?

Both of them offer an extended 12 month warranty on selected goods and 100 days protection against theft and loss, which one covers more goods?

I tried to find out but could not find info about the PO one.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Dazza.mk_2
    Options
    Try going to Moneysupermarket.com and searching for cards to use abroad, brings up both Nationwide & PO Cards are there.

Where do you see that they both offer extended warranties? for the details I can see the P.O. card only offers 90 day damage & theft protection?
  • mroller
    mroller Posts: 397 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Dazza.mk wrote:
    Where do you see that they both offer extended warranties? for the details I can see the P.O. card only offers 90 day damage & theft protection?

Oops, my mistake, it doesn't offer extended warranty indeed.

Thanks.
  • tomatoketchup
    Options
    PO card offers 8month 0% balance transfers plus much better interest rate: on NW's website it seems the APR is going up to 17.9%

card looks better too (how superficial)
  • King_Of_Fools
    Options
    mroller wrote:
    I know that both offer fee free foreign money and the PO one has slightly better rate, but what about the other benefits?
    How do you know that the PO card has a better rate?

The PO rate will be set by Mastercard and the Nationwide rate set by Visa. Surely it will depend on a daily basis as to which has the better rate?
  • kenshaz
    kenshaz Posts: 3,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Where can you get a daily exchange rate between Matercard and Visa.
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To be happy you need to make someone happy.[/FONT]
  • kenshaz
    kenshaz Posts: 3,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Perhaps this might make Nationwide up the anti.
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To be happy you need to make someone happy.[/FONT]
  • mroller
    mroller Posts: 397 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    How do you know that the PO card has a better rate?

The PO rate will be set by Mastercard and the Nationwide rate set by Visa. Surely it will depend on a daily basis as to which has the better rate?

I was referring to the interest rate.
    The exchange rate is probably very very similar as they use the interbank one (spot one, which is halfway between the bid and the offer)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure