We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Where can i buy a proper loaf tin?
Comments
-
I bought a tin in Sainsburys a few weeks ago, it was £5. It's a 2lb loaf tin but miles bigger than my other ones that I've been using for years.
The bread baked in it is much better and I get a loaf which has proper sandwich sized slices. It seems to rise better too.
I'm just in mid bake so here's a pic of the two tins
I'll take another when it is out of the oven against something standard to show you the size cooked.
Thanks thats great
Is it this one?
http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/sol/shop/home_and_garden/cookware/119028844_prestige_bakemaster_2lb_loaf_tin.html?hnav=4294966965
have seen that one on wilkos and argos sites too says it 28cms long0 -
-
Having spent the best part of an evening browsing i managed to get some on ebay which were actually bakery ones 39cm long x15 wide 10 high. I'm praying they just about squeeze into my oven!0
-
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BREAD-SLICING-GUIDE-/190437425791?pt=UK_Kitchen_Accessories&hash=item2c56f4827f
anyone tried one of these?0 -
Can't help with the bread tin, the biggest I've seen is a 2lb tin, but someone recommended this food slicer:
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4228211/Trail/searchtext%3EMEAT+SLICER.htm
Apologies whoever it was for not remembering your name. I've tried quite a few slicers for bread, most of which ended up in the bin or jumble sale, but this one is brilliant. Don't know if it's still half price though.
I have this slicer and it is great for using with homebaked bread. If i try to slice bread by hand it always ends up like a doorstop!Grocery Challenge for October: £135/£200
NSD Challenge: October 0/140 -
I have that slicer too katholicos, had some vouchers running out of date and bought it on a whim, it has been a boon for fresh bread and for slicing up cooked meat (otherwise I'd hack it and it would only do half the portions).0
-
lindseykim13 wrote: »http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BREAD-SLICING-GUIDE-/190437425791?pt=UK_Kitchen_Accessories&hash=item2c56f4827f
anyone tried one of these?
yes, total rubbish
F0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
