We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Where can i buy a proper loaf tin?
lindseykim13
Posts: 2,978 Forumite
I've got so many loaf tins that i've bought thinking they would be the right size for proper bread (obviously not checking the measurements properly!) now i'm looking again and wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction without breaking the bank! I'm after proper bakery size bread not the half sizes which i'm currently making as they get eaten up with my lot just having a taste test 
While i'm here i'm also after some sort of device for slicing bread straight? (other than my dodgy knife skills:o)
While i'm here i'm also after some sort of device for slicing bread straight? (other than my dodgy knife skills:o)
0
Comments
-
Can't help with the bread tin, the biggest I've seen is a 2lb tin, but someone recommended this food slicer:
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4228211/Trail/searchtext%3EMEAT+SLICER.htm
Apologies whoever it was for not remembering your name. I've tried quite a few slicers for bread, most of which ended up in the bin or jumble sale, but this one is brilliant. Don't know if it's still half price though.If I'm over the hill, where was the top?0 -
Just seen this on amazon:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/NON-STICK-APPROX-INSIDE-MEASUREMENTS-23-5cm/dp/B000MQAZ8E
looks the size you want.If I'm over the hill, where was the top?0 -
The biggest loaf tin I know of is 2lb. Like these at Lakeland. Click Here£2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4
.............................NCFC member No: 00005.........
......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
NPFM 210 -
Just seen this on amazon:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/NON-STICK-APPROX-INSIDE-MEASUREMENTS-23-5cm/dp/B000MQAZ8E
looks the size you want.
Good find. :T£2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4
.............................NCFC member No: 00005.........
......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
NPFM 210 -
Can't help with the bread tin, the biggest I've seen is a 2lb tin, but someone recommended this food slicer:
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4228211/Trail/searchtext%3EMEAT+SLICER.htm
Apologies whoever it was for not remembering your name. I've tried quite a few slicers for bread, most of which ended up in the bin or jumble sale, but this one is brilliant. Don't know if it's still half price though.
brill thanks, that looks good and still half price.
0 -
Just seen this on amazon:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/NON-STICK-APPROX-INSIDE-MEASUREMENTS-23-5cm/dp/B000MQAZ8E
looks the size you want.
thanks for the find although i was hoping for something a little deeper that one is ony 6cms i can see bread spilling over the top :rotfl:
I have found a 1000g one on ebay but it's in the £15 region :eek:0 -
I second the food slicer for home-made bread:T Just make sure the bread is cooled before you try to slice it.............[0
-
search on ebay for 'bread tin 800g' - not cheap, but the same as bakers use
Flea0 -
Hi lindsey,
I would recommend the slicer that emiff suggested, but for other ideas this thread may help:
Best way to slice bread
Pink0 -
I bought a tin in Sainsburys a few weeks ago, it was £5. It's a 2lb loaf tin but miles bigger than my other ones that I've been using for years.
The bread baked in it is much better and I get a loaf which has proper sandwich sized slices. It seems to rise better too.
I'm just in mid bake so here's a pic of the two tins
I'll take another when it is out of the oven against something standard to show you the size cooked.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards