We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Colwyn Bay to Lichfield - cheap train deal?
Hi, I need to make this trip on a regular basis at the moment, but I never seem to get any deals on it. When I book on the train line (off peak return) I can only get it for £40. However, I also often travel to London and seem to get some great deals on that journey, even if I just book the night before?
I'm sure there are some rail experts on the forum, and would really appreciate some advice. Are there some routes for which advance deals just aren't available? Is there any way of me doing this journey more cheaply?
Many thanks! Ruth
I'm sure there are some rail experts on the forum, and would really appreciate some advice. Are there some routes for which advance deals just aren't available? Is there any way of me doing this journey more cheaply?
Many thanks! Ruth
0
Comments
-
Try this from the East Coast website;
Colwyn Bay to Birmingham New St avoid Crewe** Advance singles from £11 each way
Birmingham New St to Lichfield Trent Valley Off Peak day Return £5.10 (2x£3.10 singles if staying longer than a day)
Total return £27.10 cheaper but takes a bit longer 1 hour ish.
** click 'more options' then 'avoid'
And if possible don't buy from the trainline.con as they charge all sorts of fees.Whoa! This image violates our terms of use and has been removed from view0 -
Are you returning the same day?Hi, I need to make this trip on a regular basis at the moment, but I never seem to get any deals on it. When I book on the train line (off peak return) I can only get it for £40. However, I also often travel to London and seem to get some great deals on that journey, even if I just book the night before?
I'm sure there are some rail experts on the forum, and would really appreciate some advice. Are there some routes for which advance deals just aren't available? Is there any way of me doing this journey more cheaply?
Many thanks! Ruth
If so, an Off Peak Day Return from colwyn Bay to Chester is £14.90.
Couple that with an Off Peak Day return from Chester to Lichfield TV at £16.50, to give a return trip for £31.40.
If you are not returning the same day, that split using flexible off peak return tickets is not cheaper.
If you can plan ahead, you might be able to combine an Off Peak Return Colwyn Bay to Chester at £16.20 with Advance Simgles from Chester to Lichfield TV from £4.00 each way depending on date and time.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards