cheapest way to call orange mobile in spain?

Options
Hi,

Whats the cheapest way to call an orange contract phone in spain from my landline andy good access numbers appreciated?

thanks

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    It costs exactly the same to call a UK mobile which happens to be anywhere else in the world as it would if it was in the UK (it may cost the receiver a vast amount extra to receive the call but it won't cost the caller any extra).

From a BT landline, 18185 is one of the cheapest at the moment (4p connection and 5p/minute weekdays, 2p/minute weekends).

http://callchecker.moneysavingexpert.com/ukcallchecker/index.php
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • joemardo1
    Options
    Hi,

Thanks for that. Im on an orange pay monthly everyday 50 tariff (50 mins each day after 7pm) so I just checked with orange and they have informed me that calling spain will just come out of my bundled minutes, but gf will have to pay 35p to receive call, shes on a contract phone as well. Hope this is correct

joe
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Sounds likely to me (she'll have to pay 35p per minute, not a flat 35p BTW).

The 35p is annoying but it's better than the 65p/minute I would have been charged to receive calls in Greece on my Virgin PAYG recently!
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure