We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Help....! Please
Hello I have a PCP car plan with a company which is due to expire this year after 4 years. The company I had the lease with had ceased trading and there account taken over by Scotland bank. Today I was wondering when I would hear about the final settlement fee or collection of my car I decided to call the bank to see what was happening, only to be told the car shouldve been collected last week and as I didnt respond to there letters they assumed I wanted to keep the car and that £1659 would be coming out of my bank account tomorrow.... When i queried the letter I asked what address the letter had been sent to and they told me an address I moved away from 3 years ago they also told me that they use 2 systems and this system hadnt been updated. I asked them to cancel there request to take money from my account and they refused, i called my bank to cancel the standing order and they are unable to do so and there is not enough notice - i dont know what to do....I do not have £1600 in my account had I known i would of cancelled this ages ago they also want the car back (as well as taking the money) by the end of this week which is not fair as its not my fault they hadnt updated there records
What can I do, is there anything legally?
What can I do, is there anything legally?
0
Comments
-
Are you sure it was a standing order and not a direct debit?
If it was a direct debit then under the direct debit guarantee your bank are oblidged to repay you the money
http://www.bacs.co.uk/Bacs/Consumers/DirectDebit/Pages/DirectDebitGuarantee.aspx
Take the first step and get the cash back then fight them.
They might take you more seriously when you get your cash back.0 -
Your post doesn't make sense.
"I wanted to keep the car and that £1659 would be coming out of my bank account tomorrow"
"they also want the car back (as well as taking the money) by the end of this week"
Surely, it's one or the other.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards